Damn posties

Zen

Two things.. a moan and help.

1:- Why is it, when I'm waiting for something in the mail, the damn postie don't turn up until 1:20pm Post is a joke here.. So when I ordered my 2nd GP32 (FLU) on monday. well, I assumed it would arrive 11/12ish today. (Guaranteed before 12pm) - anyway, I got up at 8:30 just incase it came early. (fat chance) and what do I see...? A bloody card "we have your parcel" ARRGHHHHHHHH. after much swearing I read the card.. would you belive it, the guy came at 7:18!! 7:18am... thats in the middle of the night!!! - so, I had to traipse down town and collect it.. of course it was bitterly cold and pissing it down.. sigh

2:- I asked the excellent guys at gbax.com to install the euro firmware for me. I guess they were too busy. (not a prob) but I find my new gp32 has multi firmware on it. I wouldn't mind if one of them was the nice euro firmware, but alas nope.

my question is: Can I just flash the euro on, or will there be a problem because its setup as a multi?? - also, I know there is a risk when you flash and must always use new batteries. but is the risk ONLY batts? I mean is there another risk, say 0.1% chance of it screwing up?

Thanks

I personally have flashed multifw on top of euro and euro ontop of multi multiple times (some may say stupidly but ive done it anyway) So there is no risk in that sense. HOWEVER do not flash euro onto euro, it killed NIN's GP32.
Umm whatelse, ah yes, do use fresh batteries so ure GP doesnt cut out, as for other risks, only u having a sudden spasm that causes you to turn off the GP mid flash. :p

So basically go for it, just remember, fresh batteries and no spasms!

( i presume you actually know how to go about flashing your firmware)

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I know how to do it. I flashed my first gp32 (now the wifes ;)

:)

I personally prefer multifw over euro, its been tested more, and has less bugs. Also has Windups packaged with it.

I hate eurofw... It's too buggy. But atleast I didn't flash it... Theres some tool to split the fw into a .gxb, so then you can b2fxec it, and try before you flash :) I hated it...

my main reason for wanting euro is small, but valid.

I hate the pclink thats on the multi, when I close pclink I have to switch off/on the gp32, but with the euro firmware, when I close pclink the gp32 goes back to the menu.

trivial maybe.. but until xmas I'm stuck with an 8mb smc so I use pclink a lot.

ohh.. as for windups. it looks cool but when I add a new icon, give it an app, image and text, then save the desktop then I reboot into windups the icon isn't there.. guess I'm doing something wrong. :blink:

yay! I sorted it out.

Pacrom has the ability to 'quicklaunch' an app. So I configured it to the euro firmware test proggy and yes.. my gp32 boots into euro firmware.

I can also hold select on boot and use the other firmware in the multi.. although they are pointless - windups doesn't save and the default firmware is useless without free launcher.

just need an app now to move/rename files and I'm sorted ;)

Back