DAMN ITS SMALL.....

NiN^_^NiN

YOUR AUSSIE GP32 GURU!!!!!!!!&#3
Website
ninja.doomportables.org
I finally got my gp32 from playasia and i think they marked it as gift (i asked them to mark it as that so no import fee) but i didnt see gift put on the box anywere altho they sealed the box air tight no way cutons could open it without u knowing :)

But yeah im just wondering why i could setup my gp easily and painlessly i heard that almost every1 had 1 lil problem or 2. This worked fine perfect in fact not 1 problem and i have everything on the unit now.

Im just wondering when is the best time to shutdown the gp32? I usally will make the emu or whatever reset the gp32 then turn it off. It scares the SHIT out of me when i turn it of the graphics go corrupt then stay on the screen for about 10secs then fade away.

Plus 1 thing that really got me was the size......DAMN ITS SMALL its smaller than my hand and from all the images iv seen i had the idea it was about 2x bigger.

Must say im very happy with this unit :) altho the batteries didnt lat that long :( and got VERY hot and its not even a flu unit.

:ph34r:

I would advise testing with brand new duracell batteries. If you do not get anywhere near 8-10 hours playing time then you might have a faulty unit. On first opening my unit I put in 2 brand new Panasonic batteries and certainly didn't wear them out in my first 4 days of ownership. The batteries should last long enough to not warrent having to think about them. That said I always make sure I have 2 spares in my case :)

With regards to turning the machine off, I turn mine off at any stage during game play and have never found problems. Yes it's quite normal that the screen keeps something displayed when the machine is turned off, this is usually the case with most LCD type displays, my Gameboy Color always did this too. The only thing to be avoided is with any device using media cards, never turn them off when writing to the cards (this always applies to digial cameras too).

Can't answer about the batteries being hot, I have never taken mine out only when they are about to die, and that's usually within a few minutes of turning the GP on.

Yes 2 brand new duracells and bout 1hour? I think its cause of me transfering aot of files over. Like i got the snes emu tested it then went back and tryed the atari 2600 emu tryed that then tryed out the free divx player watched a few mins on that then went back again and again.

Writing to the smc drains the unit alot right? i have a wall adapter plugged in right now.

Im not sure if it does drain it a lot but it shouldnt be that bad! I found suprizingly Duracels underperformed in the GP i have 2 lots of bats Drua's and Panasonic PM3's the Duras last longer in my game boy and the Pana's longer in my GP or im going totaly insane as i cant see a logical reason for this differance.

ALthough on the help forum some one has complained about getting only 40 mins out of bat's on his new GP so it might be a faultybach with really high power consuption??

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
Great i was stressing all this time it would come defective then i got it and it was ok now it might be defective..... :angry:

FLU is a battery kiler, as is writing to the card..

You'll get a pile of hours with the FLU off; but with the FLU on, you bring it down to like 4-6 hours or somethign, I think. Not that long.

Certianly more than 1 hour, even if you write to SMC.. but try a few batteries. Real ones, not rechargables.. most rechargables wont' give as long a life, but you can recharge them free :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try a couple more sets of batteries will regular game playing rather than transferring of files. I have never watched a single movie on mine so I can't say how much of a drain on the batteries this would be, I would imagine it would be higher than that of normal games.

Emu's and games which run at 133mhz also place a higher drain on the batteries too.

Here would be my first battery set of games (if memory serves me correct):

A large portion of FrodoGP32
A dose of Doodly Soccer
Various plays on commerical game demos (can't remember which ones)
A very large dosage of GPEngine
Demonstrating the MP3 Player to my friends
A blast on Arcano (the 16bit breakout clone)

Then the machine started resetting itself so I changed the batteries.

On the transferring of files to the machine, I wrote the whole of my X-Scape32 game on one set of batteries. I was like copying the FXE to the machine every 10 minutes to try out the palettes :)

I disagree skeez, my rechargeables generally last 10 hours without FLU. I bought 4 batteries and a charger for £24.99 I think, get >= 1800 mAh NiMH batteries and you can charge them as much as you like, at any time.

Hi!
I got about 40min of playtime with Duracell. But today I bought a couple of GP 1800mAh Rechargeble. And so far I have about 1.5 hour with backlight and Castaway, and still going :) Hooking the GP32 to the usb port seems to consume alot of power so get a smartmedia reader for your computer. :)

2 good batteries should last 6-8 hours playing a game in castaway, with no FLU.

I know this because of a marathon CSB session I had one weekend - I got through 8 cells :)

If u only get 40mins of playtime from a new set of duracell, regardless of what ur doing, there must be something wrong with ur GP32. :(

how long should say 800mha really really cheap 1.2v AA recharageable batteries last????? i seem to get maybe 2-3 hours out of them :/ is this right??? how much better are 1800mha thingies also i have a really bad charger in fact wait its all crap ! damn

i found that some emus take loads of power and some don't the new gpsnes and gpvsgb have scanlines after an hour of play then another hour or two with
but gpengine is excellent it lasts soo long on standard recharge ables and works really well

I remember being suprised by how small it was (the GP32 that is... not anything else).

Definitely invest in a card reader. It shouldn't be gettng that hot though.... See how it goes. If it keeps getting quite hot, it may be faulty as previously mentioned....

I also remember the shock of the size of the GP32 but now its presence is quite dominant and I sometimes wish it was a wee bit smaller.

As the for the heating up, I agree with axeman, it's definately not normal.

Well its gets pretty hot and i guess you could say it is semi close to melting the plastic it would warm your lap nicely then prob burn it after a while.

I think the batteries was just cause i transfered over alot of things after i got the emu i transfered 1 game then played then went back and transfered another.

I'll try 2day and see how it goes :) i have a wall adapter so thats ok but i noticed that the back of the unit was semi warm with no batteries in it so its either the arm9 cpu or something really really bad :(

Lol, yes i think you are... unless you just have it turned onto something like the title screen and dont do anything to it with no backlight or n e thin. And you have gud rechgeables...

Back