Killed My Gp32!

TekHead

Still Fresh
Hey guys...
I killed my gp32.

I took it all apart sprayed the white black and grey chrome... looks ace :D .

Put it all back together and a black spot appeared on my LCD! :angry:

I think its a pressure mark. Altho it SLOWY (VERY slow) seems to be shrinking, I am not sure if it will dissapear.

Well pissed off lol. :unsure: :(

Paypal Donations accepted at Synapse@jacknorris.net heh :p

gp32.jpg

same thing happend to mine although i didnt take it appart, it was just because i spilt water on it on accident

but heres the good news if u can still turn it on and stuff; it will eventually go away, (assuming that its water in ther and not paint) I just let my gp32_console sit in my room for a couple of days and the spot was gone! :)

Don ----> Thats me you twink :D |Synaps| :)

Its not actually paint OR water.

But i sure hope it goes away, like i said a few pixels round the edge and going back to normal very slowly.

Ill try get some pics later on.

there is probably some information on google about this sort of stuff
you've probably already searched high and low by now
but just a suggestion

TekHead posted on May 5 2004 at 08:51 PM said:
Hopefully!

Im completley bored now! Heh. :angry:
Looks like a good excuse to get a BLU to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was shrinking slowly it probably menat it was going away. Maybe you could have taken it apart again to see what's wrong.

yikes...that doesn't look good...try turning it on and off several times...and check to see if there is anything behind the lcd... is the glass cracked? cuz it sure looks like it :( even the back being cracked will kill it... :(

Looks like an excuse to get a BLU for me also :p

But Ill see what this does first. :unsure:

Hope it goes away, man. I will be putting in a glass replacement screen from Mashmods soon ... I'll be sure to be über-careful not to put any pressure on the LCD!

Back