GP32 Cyclone? Fdave?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I mentioned this in another thread that no one is looking at now ;)

Anyone know if fdave is still doing gp32, or did he just go to symbian? Is cyclone discontinued, or is he growing it for symbian (and thus also gp32?) Cyclone wasn't fully bug free yet so I'm hoping hes working it still (though others have pointed ot that he removed picodrive and cyclone from his website..)

(Nothing wrong with him oing Symbian; just curious what cyclone/gp32's status is :)

fdave.. if you're reading, I don't have your email addy :)

I don't have any current cyclone codebases.. if anyone is talking to fdave, ask him to fire over the current stable gp32 version to me (skeezix@codejedi.com)

jeff

skeezix posted on Oct 30 2004 at 01:43 AM said:
I mentioned this in another thread that no one is looking at now ;)

Anyone know if fdave is still doing gp32, or did he just go to symbian? Is cyclone discontinued, or is he growing it for symbian (and thus also gp32?) Cyclone wasn't fully bug free yet so I'm hoping hes working it still (though others have pointed ot that he removed picodrive and cyclone from his website..)

(Nothing wrong with him oing Symbian; just curious what cyclone/gp32's status is :)

I don't have any current cyclone codebases.. if anyone is talking to fdave, ask him to fire over the current stable gp32 version to me (skeezix@codejedi.com)

jeff

Well, that seems to be the 64,000 question right now. fdave seems to have vanished. No one from here has been able to contact him as far as we have heard. The last post I remember from him was he was saying that he hit a bug in the core and was completely befuddled by it. He asked for help with inentifying the problem, but the shortage of 68K ASM gurus put a damper on things. That was the last we heard about cyclone.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that he couldn't figure out the problem and moved on to other non-cyclone projects. Too bad really, it held so much promise for ALL Arm based platforms :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed him a month back no reply. And i had contact with him as I was betatesting gigadrive for him.....

skeezix posted on Oct 30 2004 at 01:43 AM said:

His email address is at the top of his homepage, http://www.finalburn.com/

I've not tried to email him, but he has completely disappeared, and hasn't replied to anybody's emails for a while. Perhaps you'll have more luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, thats the real truth; hope all is well in fdave-land. We'll hear form him eventually, but until then, take care :)

jeff

Dave uses the retrogames.com boards a lot, it looks like hes probably just having a break from the scene for a while.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I would have thought if he's just having a break, he wouldn't remove the gp32 stuff from his website.

Is there any open source emus out that include the cyclone core? I could do with it for a new project. Really don't want to write my own.

Back