Cvg Post News Of Pandora!

Prometheus said:
@darkstorm - Thanks for mentioning Super Play. :D That was and still is my favourite games magazine of all time. (And will probably always remain so - Retro Gamer aside, most games magazines nowadays seem to be a big hyping scam and have zero quality or integrity, and I have ceased purchasing them entirely. They make me wish I had an Adblock for magazine content - although that would probably leave me with only one or two pages for £5 a shot... :p)

Indeed. None is sadder then Gamesmaster - how far has it fallen? Reading it now makes me feel as if I were being drained of my intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, they say the 'more attractive' Wiz... Then the article about the Wiz is headlined "Another new handheld sent to die".

i was just kidding, i only read one or two issues. never was into gaming when i was younger

ashdjones said:
The still print Gamesmaster?! I bet kids now don't even know about the TV program.
Yeah i used to love that program, sure it went downhill after 2-3 series, but Dominic Diamond was the man! Patrick Moore was funny as well, never got why he wanted to do that!

Am I the only one who always found Gamesmaster (both the magazine and the television programme) to be fairly cringe-inducing...? :lol: (I always preferred Bad Influence, as far as TV stuff went. :p)

Prometheus said:
Am I the only one who always found Gamesmaster (both the magazine and the television programme) to be fairly cringe-inducing...? :lol:
Yeah it was. Much prefered Bad Influence myself. A guy I know put up whole series of it on Youtube, check it out!

Oh, awesome. Thanks for that, ash.

To this day I still have their "12 Games of Christmas" (I think that was the title) song stuck in my head. ~And a cartridge in a TV!~

Loved Bad Influence too, one of the last ones to treat the viewer at the time like they might have some intelligence.

craigix said:
Loved Bad Influence too, one of the last ones to treat the viewer at the time like they might have some intelligence.
The interesting thing about it is that Andy Crane really wasn't into games, he was just a total professional (and respectful). The world really needs more presenters like him.

Indeed. His cohost, Violet Berlin actually went on to present another game show a few years back on bravo, Gamepad or somesuch, I think. It was quite good, but I often missed it, as there was no other reason to watch bravo so I'd forget it was on.

darkstorm said:
Indeed. His cohost, Violet Berlin actually went on to present another game show a few years back on bravo, Gamepad or somesuch, I think. It was quite good, but I often missed it, as there was no other reason to watch bravo so I'd forget it was on.
Yeah this was on Dave (or maybe Virgin 1) the other day... at 3am! It must have been a really old episode, she was reviewing Resident Evil Zero on the Gamecube! What's with that? Both of those channels are shifting a lot of old programs at the moment.

Back