Cvg Post News Of Pandora!

i love reading the comment sections of these articles. :lol: there seem to be three possible comment responses:

"wow! looks amazing! i'm preordering!"
"this will fail."
"lulz wat iz dis ting? y not get psp?"

mechanizeddeath, you're exaggerating. These are far more civilized comments than some of those on engadget

Indeed, CVG is Future's flagship gaming site. Used to be a very good magazine when Paul Davies was editor too.

Kyosys said:
mechanizeddeath, you're exaggerating. These are far more civilized comments than some of those on engadget
indeed. i was referring to reviews in general that i've read, this one seemed to have the better comments, with engadget being the worst, in the sense of some comments being hilariously bad. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mechanizeddeath said:
Kyosys said:
indeed. i was referring to reviews in general that i've read, this one seemed to have the better comments, with engadget being the worst, in the sense of some comments being hilariously bad. :)

Yeah, how come the comments on Engadget are such a pile of trash?

because there's more people and because it's well known

two things that generally decide about the number of idiots

C&VG is a shadow of it's former self. First the mag goes, then the website has gone consistently downhill for the last 8-9 years to the point that most articles are little more than a joke now.

It certainly won't attract many new Pandora admirers with the kind of readership it now attracts.

Kyosys said:

Explain why comments on BBC news aren't stupid and moronic then.

ashdjones said:
Kyosys said:

Explain why comments on BBC news aren't stupid and moronic then.

beg to differ

C&VG is a shadow of it's former self. First the mag goes, then the website has gone consistently downhill for the last 8-9 years to the point that most articles are little more than a joke now.

It certainly won't attract many new Pandora admirers with the kind of readership it now attracts.

Agreed. Used to be a subscriber back in the good ol' days.

[...] but will go head-to-head with the latest GP2X console, the far more attractive 'Wiz', also out this year.

That article just lost all respect and credibility from me.

pandora is actually more visually appealing to me, and I really dont see any issues with its size

PoisonedV said:
pandora is actually more visually appealing to me, and I really dont see any issues with its size
Agreed, the Wiz just looks like a cheap MP4 player from Hong Kong....well same area! near same crap controls as well lol

x68000 said:
I used to read it as a kid, really liked the yellow-paper section in the middle, didn't it have retro game reviews in it? Ah good fun... I'd probably laugh if read it now though.

ashdjones said:
x68000 said:
I used to read it as a kid, really liked the yellow-paper section in the middle, didn't it have retro game reviews in it? Ah good fun... I'd probably laugh if read it now though.

Yeah i remember that, thats going back some! I used to own about 150 issues of CVG from mid80's mid 90's, it defo went downhill when it went from glossy A4 to the slightly bigger and worse paper quality around 94/95 time.

ashdjones said:
x68000 said:

Gods, I used to read it way before that - before that they used to have a mini-magazine in the middle covering handheld consoles, too! :) Good times...

Back