cross compiling err on arch

Dark_Link

so i moved to arch after causing debian and ubuntu to stop working :) i get the err

/usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/opkg-cl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any ideas?

So you've killed Debian and now think that Arch would last longer? Neat. ;)

Is the said library installed? (Just in case)

If you have other (newer) version of libssl, a symlink might help.

Also, which guide for setting up the environment did you follow? I want to set up one for myself, too. I have one in a virtual machine, but it's slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you've killed Debian and now think that Arch would last longer? Neat. ;)

Is the said library installed? (Just in case)

If you have other (newer) version of libssl, a symlink might help.

Also, which guide for setting up the environment did you follow? I want to set up one for myself, too. I have one in a virtual machine, but it's slow.
well i tried to mod debian to use less ram but i ended up causing my wifi to not work at all :p 60 mb of ram on my arch install with its openbox gui.

im using sebt3's tool chain my libssl.so files are v 1.0.0

doing cd /usr/lib

sudo ln -s libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.0.9.8

sudo ln -s libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.0.9.8

worked and fixed my issue :) now using opkg-target update is giving me bad/illegal format or missing url

well i tried to mod debian to use less ram but i ended up causing my wifi to not work at all :p 60 mb of ram on my arch install with its openbox gui.
Then you have done it wrong ;) (When installing debian my base system is about these 60M on disk)

im using sebt3's tool chain my libssl.so files are v 1.0.0

doing cd /usr/lib

sudo ln -s libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.0.9.8

sudo ln -s libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.0.9.8

worked and fixed my issue :) now using opkg-target update is giving me bad/illegal format or missing url
As I told you, these libraries are also in the toolchain :

Make sure /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/ is part of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

ahh i see now thanks using opkg-target update is still giving me bad/illegal format or missing url

edit i admit i keep on building debian wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:
currently i have the same issue. This is my first try to crosscompile something for my pandora:

I am on Fedora 20 (32 bit), and downloaded this zip file from the wiki http://sebt3.openpandora.org/buildtools/?f=pandora-toolchain-20110313.tar.bz2

and extracted it in /urs/local/angstrom/arm folder and folowed the instructions you provided in your article.

I ran in scripts the installer wich adds some lines in my .bashrc

my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is:

[willhelm@localhost arm]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/host-lib:/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib

[willhelm@localhost arm]$ setprj
[willhelm@localhost arm]$ opkg-target update
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/opkg-cl: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am very new to this topic, should the libcrypto.so be provided in your package or should I manage to install this library on myl system?

I try to compile a driver for an usb-to ethernet dongle:

ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet, this one:

http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=131;71;112

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416gBTxsI8L.jpg

[willhelm@localhost arm]$ opkg-target update

/usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/opkg-cl: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I wouldnt recommand to run this command anymore. And anyway it's useless for a task like this :
I try to compile a driver for an usb-to ethernet dongle

Back