cps3 emulator

do most roms from 145 romset work? i have the 139 and 125 rom sets

wow !

Street Fighter 3, 3rd strike !

best gift for my 3-years-waiting anniversary ;)

Man, this just put some new fire in me ! now i'll have the ultimate 2d fighting handheld machine : SF II, SF III, Kof 98, Fatal Fury's, all in the pocket ! i hope my wait will end soon :)

Big Kisses to everyone.

Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get street fighter 3rd strike to work,it had missing files.

Yeah, that's a common problem - but fortunately there's an easy fix: Find the files, download them and then re-zip them. Alternatively you could find the entire ROM set in one zip and use that. Either way, you'll be up and running in no time.

D.

I just got SF III:3rd strike to work,game is full speed and i can't hear any stuttering the sound is really clear and crisp,i'm very impressed,first time ever cps3 game running so fine on a portable system.

Sometimes it has bit slowdown to be honest it's flippin fantastic and playing SF III is the best thing ever.

woohoo ! can we get a nice video ?

that would be awesome :)

Kisses

Mac

The way 3rd strike works for me is that i have to install 4 different roms to make it work.

I have installed all 4 roms files into one folder but the emulator won't recognise the file i created.

[Removed]

The way 3rd strike works for me is that i have to install 4 different roms to make it work.

I have installed all 4 roms files into one folder but the emulator won't recognise the file i created.

Your file needs to be named correctly, be stored in the correct location and contain the correct files needed. If you address these last three simple issues, you'll be fine.

D.

I'm confused Lylat. Did you get Gremlins by feeding your Pandora after midnight or something, as at midnight your happy that it's working flawlessly.....

I just got SF III:3rd strike to work,game is full speed and i can't hear any stuttering the sound is really clear and crisp,i'm very impressed,first time ever cps3 game running so fine on a portable system.

Sometimes it has bit slowdown to be honest it's flippin fantastic and playing SF III is the best thing ever.

Yet by dinner time it works, yet no longer works....

[Removed]

So does it work or not?

Did it work at one point (midnight) and what did you change in the meantime?

Either that, or I am mistaking 2 different games you are talking about.

I cant help, as I don't have that rom yet or any CPS3 titles. Still slowly putting together a correct set of roms but I am already very impressed with FBA from both Crow_Riot and Dave18's hardwork and collaboration :)

So does it work or not?
I have SFIII:3S running on my Pandora at OPP4 / 950MHz, with only a couple of "minor" stutters, so it works, if that's what you were trying to establish
Yes it does work by installing 4 r... i can't mention the word not allowed to.

won't work by installing one r.. and other cps3 games don't work.

Please can someone pm about this.

So does it work or not?
I have SFIII:3S running on my Pandora at OPP4 / 950MHz, with only a couple of "minor" stutters, so it works, if that's what you were trying to establish
Yes it does work by installing 4 r... i can't mention the word not allowed to.

won't work by installing one r.. and other cps3 games don't work.

Please can someone pm about this.
Saying the word "ROM" is fine. Asking people for copyright-infringing ROMs is not, and nor is posting links to them, for the reasons explained in the post I linked to when you made a ROM request previously.

Sorry to have been unclear pmprog. I was trying to establish if Lylat had or hadn't got it working (as he seemed to be saying both but has confirmed he does have it working. Good to hear your sorted) although I was aware that others have found it works well, particularly at 1ghz if their Pandora will allow that at OPP5 :)

Sorry to have been unclear pmprog. I was trying to establish if Lylat had or hadn't got it working (as he seemed to be saying both but has confirmed he does have it working. Good to hear your sorted) although I was aware that others have found it works well, particularly at 1ghz if their Pandora will allow that at OPP5 :)
Okay :)

I haven't tried it at OPP5, there doesn't seem much point (for me) as it runs plenty well enough at OPP4 :D

Seems like (and I've not actually tried this, for obvious reasons) that Lylat's using a split romset and if he wants to use just one rom file, he needs to use clrmamepro to merge them into one?

D.

Well, if he's trying to play 3rd Strike, he's going to need several ROMs, because it shares functionality with the original SFIII, so you'll need those as well. You might be able to compress all the files into one zip, but somewhat unnecessary.

Well, if he's trying to play 3rd Strike, he's going to need several ROMs, because it shares functionality with the original SFIII, so you'll need those as well. You might be able to compress all the files into one zip, but somewhat unnecessary.
How can i zip them into one.

How can i zip them into one.
Urm, I'm assuming it would be as simple as extracting all the zips into a single folder, then rezipping them into one file.

From the dat file that I've got copied in, it only looks for the game filenames, and not the zip filenames, so I'm assuming it'll search them all until it finds the files it wants.

Just for reference. The CPS3 ROM format has recently changed, at least for MAME and FBA. I believe this happened in MAME 0.140.

Excerpt from whatsnew_0140.txt

Cleaned up CPS3 No-CD sets to break up the "ROMs" into individualflash pieces which are automatically loaded by the intelfsh device oninitialization. Also split the MACHINE_CONFIG to only populate thenumber of SIMMs actually present for each game, as documented in thetop of the file. And replaced the NVRAM_HANDLER with an NVRAM device.[Aaron Giles]
These are the necessary files for SFIII 3rd Strike (Japanese NOCD version)...

sfiii3.jpg

sfiii3n.jpg

Back