cps3 emulator

Ex+Alpha was a superb return to form for the streetfighter series.
You mean it got worse than merely sub-par? Christ on a pushbike, that must have been awful. Glad to hear that it got back to being mediocre again!
In fairness, Street Fighter Zero 2 is a nicely-balanced game... It's about the only one in the series that I like, and that's saying something, as I've played quite a few of them! :p
For me, the fact that it's largely an unimaginative one-on-one, one after another, single-screen fight spoils it immensely. Games like the CPS2 AvP and Final Fight, TMNT, Simpsons et al all feature fighting as their main raison d'etre but the levels are huge compared to SF, with many enemies at once. If I'm going to sit on a sofa with game that doesn't care if I have a small amount of drool running from one corner of my mouth and a glazed expression in my eyes as I mechanically mash buttons with no thought involved, I'll take Soul Blade on PSX :)

I stand by my original assessment that the entire SF series are basically just a minimal-effort attempt to cash in by capcom and that they're not games at all. Therefore there's no point in emulating CPS3 at all!

D.

To be fair, there's button mashing going on in Final Fight, Streets of Rage etc. and if you want to say "yes, but I don't button mash", watch some pro SF players (search for Diago Umehara, specifically the Evo 2004 match), not all SF players button mash either.

The mindset for a 1v1 fighter is different from a brawler. Each to their own.

I do agree there are too many "variants" of SF; 3rd Strike is my favourite. All the Super and Turbos should go though, and super/turbo just be made into the release version

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex+Alpha was a superb return to form for the streetfighter series.
You mean it got worse than merely sub-par? Christ on a pushbike, that must have been awful. Glad to hear that it got back to being mediocre again!
In fairness, Street Fighter Zero 2 is a nicely-balanced game... It's about the only one in the series that I like, and that's saying something, as I've played quite a few of them! :p
For me, the fact that it's largely an unimaginative one-on-one, one after another, single-screen fight spoils it immensely. Games like the CPS2 AvP and Final Fight, TMNT, Simpsons et al all feature fighting as their main raison d'etre but the levels are huge compared to SF, with many enemies at once. If I'm going to sit on a sofa with game that doesn't care if I have a small amount of drool running from one corner of my mouth and a glazed expression in my eyes as I mechanically mash buttons with no thought involved, I'll take Soul Blade on PSX :)

I stand by my original assessment that the entire SF series are basically just a minimal-effort attempt to cash in by capcom and that they're not games at all. Therefore there's no point in emulating CPS3 at all!

D.
There's not much point in emulating cps3 if there is only a handful of games i guess but (yes ther's a but) but the original Streetfighter 2 the world warrior was a defining moment in videogames.The sprites were huge fluidly animated and imbued with plenty of character.Every tune in that game is awesome bar none.The gameplay is deep and requires alot of patience to learn.It's far from a button masher.Button mashers usually walk away saying it's too hard.Soul blade was indeed a good game though like tekken/tekken 2 it was a button masher. Too many iterations of a games leads to apathy though. The only 'Resident Evil' that concerns me is the one within capcom that keeps churning out resident evil games.

I prefer the Street Fighter Alpha Series, it just is more beginner (i.e. button smasher) friendly than SF3 :D

But Street Fighter 3 has wonderful fluid 2D Sprite Animations...haww, Elena... :rolleyes:

Elena-ts-stance.gif

That ginga is actually quite good, although I'd keep my elbows closer to my face. Apart from that, I'm amazed at how quick you all were to bite on ZXDunnys bait. You must all be really bored, or something :)

That ginga is actually quite good, although I'd keep my elbows closer to my face. Apart from that, I'm amazed at how quick you all were to bite on ZXDunnys bait. You must all be really bored, or something :)
He was just ribbing us a bit.It's harmless.Were entitiled to our opinions.Nothing serious here.

Aww, shucks you had to spoil it :)

Yeah, I have a pathological dislike of games that are blatant copies of the previous year's efforts, and I'm afraid that SF should have died a dignified death a long, long time ago. Having looked at some of the recommended games, I can see that yes a couple of them are actually very good - but I also have to say that all of the CPS3 games look pretty dire indeed. Not a system that I'd devote any time at all to getting emulated on the Pandora - but then, it's not exactly up to me, is it?

D.

I'm as miffed at Capcom as Dunny is, possibly more, albeit for almost certainly different reasons. :p In a roundabout way, I was actually somewhat agreeing with a fair chunk of it. :lol: (And surely it says a lot that out of so very many games in the Street Fighter series, I only find one of them to be any fun. :p )

I've been a Street Fighter fan since part 2 came along(slight interest in part one), and I have to say the constant rehashes every year does get kind of old, but when you play these games at a tournament level, it becomes clear why they do it and why they get away with it year after year.

Every new version of Street Fighter(II, III, Alpha, ect.), are all in response to community problems and exploits and I don't really believe they are made for the casual audiance in mind. If these games aren't ever played at tournaments, I doubt you would see as many versions as we have seen over the years.

Now with these current gen consoles, and DLC, updates and corrections should be offered for free to the standard package, and sometimes they are, but other times they give you just enough to warrant another purchase. I bought Street Fighter 4, and then SSF4, but I had to draw the line at the "arcade edition". Now this was offered as DLC, but at a price or you could buy a physical disc as well. I personally just didn't want to pay anymore money, and I havn't played in awhile, so I didn't bother.

I would like to see CPS3 on the Pandora, just to see it done, but if I want to play SFIII for real, It would be best bought on the 360 or PS3 so I could play real life players.

Chris

find a good arcade stick or control that works for you first before choosing xbox or ps3, as playing sf4 with dualshock, dpad or analogue, is horrible. i cant even pull off 3 hadoukens in a row

One thing is for sure 2d games are much better than 3d games because the special effects they use.

3rd strike had nice fluid graphics to say and fighting was good the only it lacked was there weren't many modes that made game bit disappointing.

Alpha 3 had alot mode and was very playable and is one of the finest fighter,another one i highly recommened is sega's fighters megamix with tons of characters and modes one of the greatest fighter ever made and finally n64 had fighters destiny excellent 3d fluid graphics and moves had to perform using the 2 buttons and is not button basher the game itself has nice ninja character and very good fighting style plus master challenge was awesome and joker was fast fighter with all moves and has nice laugh Ha Ha Ha.

I think the new version of FBA form Dave18 (1.0.1.0) has support for CPS3. I haven't tested it, but at least all variants of Street Fighter III are showing in the supported games list.

It's not very fast, but with overclocking it works fine.
When you say works fine, is it full speed once you overclock?

Chris
Well, maybe not full speed, but very playable at 900 MHz. The sound is still a bit stuttering.

Just try to figure out the options in the japanese service menu. The default difficulty is pretty low (except for the last boss).

Chris
Well, maybe not full speed, but very playable at 900 MHz. The sound is still a bit stuttering.

Just try to figure out the options in the japanese service menu. The default difficulty is pretty low (except for the last boss).
It's not showing in my gamelist but game database is 978 roms.

Chris

It's not showing in my gamelist but game database is 978 roms.
you need the newer version from the repo and mame 145 romset

Back