Cps3 Emulation

intense_mc

Still Fresh
I remember reading that CPS3 emulation is pretty heavy...is it possible on the pandora and is anyone working on it? Would love some SF3 OTG.

intense_mc said:
I remember reading that CPS3 emulation is pretty heavy...is it possible on the pandora and is anyone working on it? Would love some SF3 OTG.
It's very possible (the PSP could emulate it in a modded FBA-port at about half speed - so the Pandora should be able to reach fullspeed emulation) and I'm looking forward to it.

But there is no one working on it AFAIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
intense_mc said:

Street fighter 3.. That's on the dreamcast as well, so probably not? You'd need a second opinion; I am no expert.

shunun said:
intense_mc said:

Street fighter 3.. That's on the dreamcast as well, so probably not? You'd need a second opinion; I am no expert.
If the pandora dreamcast emulator currently being created can get to full speed then yes...but that seems very difficult. Interesting watching the project though...I wonder how far it will go.

Anyway, I remember it taking some 10 years for people to even emulate CPS3, being so complicated and all. I'm sure the pandora is powerful enough with the right emulator...but I'm by no means an expert either. I wonder if any current emulators would work with Linux and hence, the pandoree.

Oh nice forum by the way :) Got my pre-order in just a couple of weeks ago. Too many "where is it" threads though IMO.

intense_mc said:
If the pandora dreamcast emulator currently being created can get to full speed then yes...but that seems very difficult. Interesting watching the project though...I wonder how far it will go.

Anyway, I remember it taking some 10 years for people to even emulate CPS3, being so complicated and all. I'm sure the pandora is powerful enough with the right emulator...but I'm by no means an expert either. I wonder if any current emulators would work with Linux and hence, the pandoree.

Oh nice forum by the way :) Got my pre-order in just a couple of weeks ago. Too many "where is it" threads though IMO.

If I remember correctly the reason it took so long was due to the encoded/copy protection on the roms. Once it was cracked, emu's came along quickly.

The where is it threads are just due to the delays, even they are eager for the Pandora, so don't think too badly of them :D

Oh and welcome!

yonder711 said:
Anyway, I remember it taking some 10 years for people to even emulate CPS3...
Actually it was the CPS board encryption that took 10 years, emulation was a short hop after that. :)
Ah...thanks for clarifying.

According to this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=662158

It is possible to run SF3 in Linux by the looks of it...as I'm not too linux-friendly yet (though looking forward to learning as soon as I get my pandora) does it mean pandora will handle it?

yonder711 said:
Is this the GP32X Exophase??

No, they stole my name, check the disclaimer I made them put at the bottom -_-

notaz is doing an SH2 recompiler for 32X so maybe he'll be willing to provide it for CPS3 emulation, which would help ensure it's fast enough. From what I understand, XBox can emulate it pretty well w/o recompilation so I imagine that the SH2 isn't being fully utilized.

Exophase said:
yonder711 said:
Is this the GP32X Exophase??
notaz is doing an SH2 recompiler for 32X so maybe he'll be willing to provide it for CPS3 emulation, which would help ensure it's fast enough. From what I understand, XBox can emulate it pretty well w/o recompilation so I imagine that the SH2 isn't being fully utilized.
Ok...has he been asked or is he aware of this?

I don't think he should be bothered with something like this until after his 32X emulator is out.

Exophase said:
I don't think he should be bothered with something like this until after his 32X emulator is out.
True...that in itself is a project worth waiting for imo.

Thanks everyone :)

Exophase said:

Agreed! One step at a time!

Chris

I didn't realise that there were only a handful of games on the CPS3. One of them being the amazing Red Earth.
Would definitely be nice to see it emulated.

Back