Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need vitamins if you eat various and healthy stuff. You can really break yourself taking pills, e.g. too much vitamin D.
Doing preventive sport during 30 min is also good to strengthen the body (doing sport while being contaminated is a bad idea according to the doctors).

This demonstrably false. Just becasue you eat does not mean you are not short on vitamins. It is trivially easy to be eating a reasonable diet and end up short on all kinds of things that a vitamin supplement can assist with.

That doesn't mean most vitamins are useful or even bio-available in the same way they are from foods. Most notably, most people are not aware that bio-availability of nutrients from plants is VERY DIFFERENT (different as i not good) than bio-availability of nutrients from fat rich animal products.

Regardless, it is still true that most vitamins supplements are just pissed out of your body, but, they can be useful and A LOT of people have various defficiencies that can and should be adjusted for with supplements.

As far as I know, if you're of a darker skin tone or live in northern europe and especially if you don't spend enough time outdooors proabably will do no worse taking daily vitaimin D tablets. I take mine during the winter months, and started some weeks ago now (so I was before astronomical winter, but meh). You might also need vitamin B12 if you don't eat enough animal derivatives, (meat, cheese, milk). As for the rest of them, eat what everyone else eats and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I took my temperature again, two hours later. Actually got kind of a bad sign.

It went from 98.6 to 97.7. I mean, body temperature varies throughout the day, but it usually goes up as the day goes on, not down.

Not that I think I'm sick; I just think the thermometer could be inaccurate. Might need a new battery.

Edit: I'll be fair to the manufacturer too and note that the instructions say to keep your mouth closed for five minutes before use. Not sure if I did. I mean, I've had trouble breathing through my nose for at least a year. It's why my doctor put me on Azelastine, though I don't think it helps much.

Last edited:
It went from 98.6 to 97.7. I mean, body temperature varies throughout the day, but it usually goes up as the day goes on, not down.

Not that I think I'm sick; I just think the thermometer could be inaccurate. Might need a new battery.

For the rest of us here: 97.7 F = 36.5 C 98.6 F = 37 C

Did you wear the same clothes, stay in the same ambient temperature, and had just done the same amount of physical exercise in both cases?
I'd say that's too little difference and might come from the measurement itself. I used to use "analogical" thermometers (those with a tube with Hg on a rule) and they sell them no longer, so when I started to use digital thermometers, they always measured too litlle,
until I started putting them under my other armpit. For some reason the metallic sensing tip didn't contact the skin properly when I used my right hand to put it under my left armpit, but I do something different when I use my left hand to put it under my right armpit.
Go figure. I don't think I'm thermoasymetrical :) I guess I should ask in a pharmacy how best to use it, but I haven't done it yet.

I took my temperature again, two hours later. Actually got kind of a bad sign.

i tend to run low, temperature-wise, so i'm in the 97 range usually. don't take it as a failing of the thermometer.

unless you feel a lot different, you only need to take your temperature once a day. it will help the battery last ;).

My temp's in the 97 range this morning. Not bad.

I saw an article today that says that Mecklenburg County, which contains Charlotte and is North Carolina's most populated county, I believe, has confirmed 20 cases of COVID-19 reinfection. You think we're seeing a second wave now? Just wait 'til everyone's immunity wears off.

@Djoga'Ro Masks don't prevent transmission, they just reduce the probability a bit, so they work mostly at the population level. Wearing a mask doesn't make it OK to go out if you're infected.

@Djoga'Ro Masks don't prevent transmission, they just reduce the probability a bit, so they work mostly at the population level. Wearing a mask doesn't make it OK to go out if you're infected.
If I wanted to make absolutely sure, I'd have to incinerate myself. Are masks somewhat effective or can we spare ourselves wearing those pesky things? Also, I'd expect the pharmacy's staff to follow a more rigorous protocol just like other medical staff - so that sick people don't need to be too scared of infecting the former to go there.

If they take a sample from a location in your body where there's no virus, or too little of it, they might not find it even if you had a lot of virus somewhere else.
That's why they go 8 cm into your nose. Although I think they should be concentrated in the throat just before entering the lungs.

a loss of taste and smell
Well, just dress well and for the smell just shower every day.

I've had trouble breathing through my nose for at least a year. It's why my doctor put me on Azelastine, though I don't think it helps much.
I've read somewhere that you have to push with your tongue on the upper part of your mouth while pushing on your lower forehead/thirdeye to clear your nose.
Ah, here's a link to that method:
Tell me if it works. I tried it once and felt no different, but I need to repeat it a few times to see if it works statistically.

hey just reduce the probability a bit,
It was something like: If 20000 people wear mask for a week then 1 person would be prevented from being infected.
Post automatically merged:

My temp's in the 97 range this morning. Not bad.
Are you also keeping a journal with your numbers? If you keep tabs on timedate+temp in excel, you can create a nice graph out of it (post it on the forum!) and learn about your temperature biorhythm (day-night cycle and week cycle). Also note down the temperature of the house and if you are wearing extra clothes.

Last edited:
Depends on where the people are, e.g. shopping mall or ships.
"The ship was quarantined immediately after it arrived in Japanese waters on 3 February, with 3,711 passengers and crew members on board. Over the next month, more than 700 people on board were infected."

Anyway, like about vitamin pills, just ask your doctor, not computer geeks :^)

Systematically wear masks indoor, and outdoor when it's crowded.
I've recently moved to the north of Germany. Haven't seen crowded, yet.
Anyway, like about vitamin pills, just ask your doctor, not computer geeks :^)
My mom's a doctor, who tries tirelessly to convince people to improve their diets, and she approves of my vitamin approach. If I'd let her treat me, I'd first get a drip with a high dosage of vitamin C. Then she'd make me take a hot bath and sent me to bed and'd drop more covers on me than anyone could count. And of course, I'd be urged to drink lots of the hot tea, she put next to the bed.

Maybe she worries because you eat only kebabs and McDo ? :^)
Some doctors say that people with fever should be kept naked in a ~15-20°C room. I've seen that in a Paris hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back