Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Why? Because a mask with a valve may protect you from some pathogens in the air, but it doesn't protect the people around you from your own breath."

--ADDED:

Astonishing ! I can't believe that's true:

Confirmed by:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/axl-rose-steve-mnuchin/index.html (last paragraph)

Yes, masks with valves are designed to stop the wearer getting the virus. Sure, the valve will open when they breathe out to stop the air getting out of the edges of the mask and pushing it off your face, meaning if you're carrying the virus it'll give it to everyone around you, but breathing in is relatively safe for you since the mask will tend to suck to your face forcing all the air to come through the filter material. Masks like surgical masks are more designed so the surgeon or whoever is wearing it doesn't end up spitting phlegm out in the operating theatre, or wherever they're wearing it. Air comes out of the sides when you breathe out because air is gaseous and therefore finds the route of least pressure, but any liquid you spurt when breathing can't deviate to easily, so ends up soaking into the fabric. They won't stop you breathing in aerosolised virus, but will stop you spitting out aerosol, in case you're infected but don't know it. Also, I tend to find that mine helps people remember social distancing, and keep their distance during this dangerous time.

Mother's Day now for Australia...

I know Mother's Day doesn't fall on the same day for some countries (in France, I think it's in June?), but is anyone here going to be restricted to seeing your Mother today?

but is anyone here going to be restricted to seeing your Mother today?
Not me but I do not celebrate Mother's Day anyway. Mother's Day ruins the surprise of presents by making the timing predictable and it also ruins the message behind doing nice things because it would just be for Mother's Day and not out of own initiative. Having a day to tell people to do nice things for people that they love seems like something that a society of robots would need.

Not me but I do not celebrate Mother's Day anyway. Mother's Day ruins the surprise of presents by making the timing predictable

I propose to remove every kind of anniversary... them are all so predictable, ruining all the surprise !!
Them should be substituted with some kind of 2 Monthsversary, so not only you will never know when to celebrate, but also, for most of the time you just don't need to !! :cool:

Last edited:
Mother's Day now for Australia...

I know Mother's Day doesn't fall on the same day for some countries (in France, I think it's in June?), but is anyone here going to be restricted to seeing your Mother today?
Yup. I’m in a different country from the rest of my family, who will be celebrating MD together.

"South Korea, which is trying to relax physical distancing regulations, on Saturday shut down more than 2,100 clubs and bars in the capital after a new cluster of cases emerged, apparently linked to a single individual who had gone out while infected.
The cases are a reminder of how long and challenging the battle against coronavirus is likely to be even in countries that had initial success in containing it."

skor-05.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_South_Korea

Strange graphic.

Here the false lockdown ended Monday morning.
Yesterday and today, there was not much people in the streets of Paris, the vast majority of people stay at home.
After 8 PM, streets are basically empty.
Of course there was a bunch of morons grouping to drink outside in a trendy place near water, but fortunately only a very few.
Many schools stay closed because teachers don't want to commit suicide, and a lot of parents still want to keep themselves and their children alive.

I had the impression that there were still many people in the streets during the lockdown but the streets were a lot more busy yesterday when I went out for grocery shopping.

And today I'm rediscovering the sound of car horns, and the background noise of trafic. :(

Of course there was a bunch of morons grouping to drink outside in a trendy place near water, but fortunately only a very few.

In Italy the Police is constantly giving fines to those people, it is using drones to catch people in beaches and also copters for people aggregating in rooftops, and the situation is pretty discussed...
Many people are complaining that the Police is exaggerating (there are videos with like 3/4 cars and drones to get a single man alone in a beach taking sun), and many fear the raise of a dystopian government, considering the latest addition of an APP to monitor everyone (with a Smartphone, Android or iOS).
But there are also around a lot o people criticizing the ones that are not following the simple rule to stay at home.

@ElPoco : I feel you :(

They now are blatantly trying to rewrite history, lying like hell.
The head director of "Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris" says the lack of intensive care beds had no impact on mortality.

Martin Hirsch: le nombre de lits n'a pas été «un facteur qui a pesé sur la mortalité»
«Je ne pense pas que le nombre de lits en réanimation ait été un facteur qui ait pesé sur la mortalité», plaide le directeur général de l'Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP), auditionné au Sénat. «Il y a des données qui sont disponibles», avance-t-il.

Proof that it's a fucking lie:

Paris area is choosing who lives and who dies, March 28.
A Médecins du Monde doctor: "Today, what can be normally done, i.e. get people in ICU in order to save them, cannot be done because we are preserving beds for younger."

Last edited:
Whys the majority of cases there down to H1N1, which is a flu virus and not a coronavirus? I'm not sure it's entirely clear to me what this graph is claiming to show.

Because it is a graphic about Flu, not about COVID-19, SARS nor MERS.
The title says "Gripe", which means Flu in Spanish. The Flu usually is seasonal like the graph shows.
That's why it has data on the last weeks of 2018 as well.

If you're asking why FBnil posted a Flu graph in a COVID-19 thread, I don't know. I don't even know why I came to this thread myself...

Ebola expert on nearly dying of coronavirus:

He predicts "many people will be left with chronic kidney and heart problems."
Also "I read a scientific study yesterday that concluded you have a 30% chance of dying if you end up in a British hospital with Covid-19. That’s about the same overall mortality rate as for Ebola in 2014 in west Africa.”

Many people are complaining that the Police is exaggerating (there are videos with like 3/4 cars and drones to get a single man alone in a beach taking sun), and many fear the raise of a dystopian government, considering the latest addition of an APP to monitor everyone (with a Smartphone, Android or iOS).
I'm definitely in this camp. Most people nowadays are easily scared into submission. And what's worse is that they are also easily scared into trying to submit those who are not as gullible and easily frightened as they themselves are.

The best remedy against COVID-19 is strengthening the lymphatic system through clean diet. There is no need to surrender our freedom. No amount of toilet paper, social distancing, and masks can make up for a body that is being weakened by toxic waste.

They now are blatantly trying to rewrite history, lying like hell.
The head director of "Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris" says the lack of intensive care beds had no impact on mortality.

Martin Hirsch: le nombre de lits n'a pas été «un facteur qui a pesé sur la mortalité»
«Je ne pense pas que le nombre de lits en réanimation ait été un facteur qui ait pesé sur la mortalité», plaide le directeur général de l'Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP), auditionné au Sénat. «Il y a des données qui sont disponibles», avance-t-il.

Proof that it's a fucking lie:

Paris area is choosing who lives and who dies, March 28.
A Médecins du Monde doctor: "Today, what can be normally done, i.e. get people in ICU in order to save them, cannot be done because we are preserving beds for younger."
Comparing to what's going on in other countries (USA for instance) that stuff even sound almost calm and moderate. Be happy that you don't have Trump or Bolsonaro as your president. ;)

Comparing to what's going on in other countries (USA for instance) that stuff even sound almost calm and moderate. Be happy that you don't have Trump or Bolsonaro as your president. ;)
While true it's no reason to lower standards.

It's the only thing they could do, the US market was asking for it.
Problem is that banks rely on the FED to buy up stock, print more cash and drop rates.
It makes the stocks look nice and calms the market a bit, and they'll probably continue into negative rates to try to fix things.
The FED (US) is almost hitting 7 trillion of assets already, it's (only?) a good time for banks nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back