Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Dr. λ the Typer of Terms

Inferrer of Types and β-Reducer of β-Redexes
It gets even worse as US GDP is expected to be negative for the year, and with the amount of money they are throwing around hyperinflation will become a real issue.
There is no need to worry because the USA government has devised a clever strategy to make sure that the Dollar retains or even increases it's value.

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
Doctors in east of France said that at least yesterday they stopped to perform intubation of 75+ year old people, so they are already choosing who lives and who dies, like the poor Italian doctors:

Swordfish II

Very Active Member
These days are maybe the days when China takes over US as world n°1 power.
Would they send doctors and tons of equipments to Italy and other countries, they will become respectable (in the classic WWII allies good vs evil scheme point of view).
Scary, but very possible

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
At 20:00, Macron will do on TV what he's the best at: speak.
I guess he will say approximately that (dunno the exact order as I don't own a communication team):

- We are facing a difficult situation.
- We must stay united and help each other, this is the only way to win "the war".
- Thanks to those respecting the lockdown, he knows that it's very hard to be confined.
- We must stay at home, but some bad people do not listen (the daily virus spreading culprits). Very very naughty boys putting lifes in danger by spreading the virus. Booh to them.
- We have to support and thank the healthcare people, police and army.
- We have to think about some changes in the future.
- There have been some "glitches", but the causes of the "glitches" will be analysed later because, well, errr, hem, this is not the right time.
- But fortunately the government is in control, vigilant, and is taking all necessary measures. (As usual ?)
- The lockdown will be reinforced, and (this is THE breaking announce that will make him the equal of Churchill or Sun-Tzu as a strategist) there will be a lockdown as long as necessary.

--EDIT: seems that the speech will probably happen tomorrow.

Last edited:

Swordfish II

Very Active Member
US futures halted after major plunge.

Senator Rand Paul positive, Sen Pelosi is playing politics with the Stimulus bill and the Vote failed.

Tomorrow's market would be impressive if it didn't shutdown early due to drops. Bad financial times ahead

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
Intensive care doctor and a pulmonologist from a big hospital in Paris talk about past week.
When patients goes to intensive care, the prognosis is bad.
Survivors stay a long time in intensive services, some are there since 15 days.
Patients are 57 yo average, mostly without any prior medical problems.
Handling them consume a lot of time and people.
Blood reserve will run out.
Doctors are angry to see people still in the streets.
They are forced to dispatch covid patients in every building, a thing that they tried to avoid.

An intensive care doctor explains what may happen to you if you get the virus (you really should translate/read this short article):

First doctor to die. "He sacrificed himself," the unnamed son said.
Looked like a good guy.

Things are going worse in the east, +38% patients:

The paramedic drivers have no masks, they feel "like going to war without ammo":

Doctors say that they will not forget that the government sucked.
They still have not received the masks that "should have been ordered two or three months ago".
They want strict lockdown, public transport stopped, taxi requisition.

Police "still have no protections" and see no justification for that:

Thank you, Germans. You will handle some of our cases:

An hospital in the center of Lyon (second largest city after Paris) calls restaurants, cookers, hairdressers, flower shops, ceramic workshop because they need aprons.

A member of the government refuses to admit that France lacks masks !!!
No he was not kidding, and he was on TV !

The "conseil d'état", which is counseling the president, refuses to order a total lockdown which was requested by some unions of doctors.
During the "conseil d'état" hearing, it was doctors vs government's "scientific counsel" representatives.
Representatives doesn't want a total lockdown.
Doctors calls the current lockdown insufficient and "compromising the right to live". No less.
But the "conseil d'état" refuses the total lockdown and recommend the president to re-examinate the jogging authorization... Yeah, we have geniuses here in France.

Minister of labour Pénicaud, another smartass, says:
"There's some work situations where there is no danger at all".
"When there's no danger, you can go to work".

A medicine professor says "he has never seen something that contagious":

Fortunately, economists are actively helping, doing some maths:
"Omigod, omigod, we will lose between 2 and 3% GPD per month of lockdown. THAT's a crisis."

The daily curfew map (mayors take this decision, hopefully they still have bits of power):
Capture d’écran_2020-03-22_23-45-10.png

Paris Orly airport could close at the end of the month:

Some other articles:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
... for a price...
Donnant-donnant, like we say.

I think that Macron will never read all these articles :cool:
It's all official french press articles + huffington, so the press service already knows what will be told, or do a synthesis of the flow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_France#National
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_France#Regional

From scratch, it's too long to do a synthesis of what's happening here.
But about the field, anyone who ever spent time in a critical emergency service may have an idea.
The world will not fall, but it's a harsh lesson for all of us.
A lesson that everyone must learn. Some hasn't just realized yet.
Some are still fighting for their life or other's, or both.

The air today in the center of Paris was considerably better. Enjoyable to breathe !
Source ;^) :
http://www.airparif.asso.fr/indices/resultats-jour-citeair#jour

Last edited:

matzesu

Hardcore Member
Staff member
There are now thougher Laws in my Federal State "Saarland" than the Goverment of Germany mades yesterday:
In other States of Germany, its just forbidden to have Conctact whit others, but in Saarland you are forbidden to leave your home unless you got to drive to work or made some shopping for Eeat or something..,
But luckley only the next 2 Weeks..

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
There are now thougher Laws in my Federal State "Saarland" than the Goverment of Germany mades yesterday:
In other States of Germany, its just forbidden to have Conctact whit others, but in Saarland you are forbidden to leave your home unless you got to drive to work or made some shopping for Eeat or something..,
But luckley only the next 2 Weeks..
We've got that since Friday, and I'm happy about that, as so many idiots were outside drinking coffee and eating ice close together like nothing has happened...

matzesu

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Whe i see out of my Roof Window, i saw lot of peaple on the Fieldsway so not everyone who took this Serious..

I use my Work Gloves to prevent me from get too many viruses when the Customers pay whit money, and its not that easy to grab these coins ^^

Dr. λ the Typer of Terms

Inferrer of Types and β-Reducer of β-Redexes
I went to some family yesterday. It was a very fun visit. The family I went to has a small living room so it was cozy too.

We've got that since Friday, and I'm happy about that, as so many idiots were outside drinking coffee and eating ice close together like nothing has happened...
I agree that people who eat ice cream are idiots. You'd have to be crazy to put that kind of toxic waste in your body.

TeDaDeS

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Pretty bad the government denies running out of masks. Almost happened here also, but I think a lot of countries have supply issues for these medical supplies.

Looks like people don't understand that a large group needs to participate before things like these work.
It's also not just about yourself, you can be fine, but others might show worse symptoms.