COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Denmark (785 cases) confirm S Africa that moronic is mild
About (guess) 10-25% as bad as delta (but way more infectious)
Bring out yer dead,,,bring out yer dead
Sqwack, sqwack,, the sky is falling,, the sky is falling
Oh, Chicken Little,, you are the best.....
But it's damn annoying, can't go out without tripping over dead bodies
even in the mall, bodies stacked in the corner waiting to be moved
And the dumpster, how untidy, arms and legs hanging over the sides
Nobody has any pride anymore in doing a good job........

Something I noticed about President Biden's address... He has a slight cough.

There was a story about how he was in contact with a staffer who later tested positive, but Biden tested negative after that.

There are many people that had covid and didn't have symptoms, so I would wish everyone to not have severe effects of getting covid.
Sure getting covid without getting sick is worse then not being sick at all, but it could be worse.
Lets hope Biden will get an Analogue Pocket instead of covid.

Lets hope Biden is fine, he shall make sure USA will become a Member of the Schengen Agreement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
So i dont have to pay Custom Fees for the Analogue Pocket end of next year

Also Corona is something nobody should get..
I doubt the US can join the Schengen area if Cyprus isn't even ready yet to join. And next to Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia no other countries are elibigle to join this year.

Criteria to join the Schengen Area, source: https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/schengen-area_en
Joining the Schengen Area is not merely a political decision of the joining State. Countries must fulfil a list of pre-conditions:
  • apply the common set of Schengen rules (the so-called "Schengen acquis"), e.g. regarding controls of land, sea and air borders (airports), issuing of visas, police cooperation and protection of personal data,
  • take responsibility for controlling the external borders on behalf of other Schengen countries and for issuing uniform Schengen visas,
  • efficiently cooperate with law enforcement agencies in other Schengen countries, to maintain a high level of security, once border controls between Schengen countries are abolished,
  • connect to and use the Schengen Information System (SIS).

But it's damn annoying, can't go out without tripping over dead bodies
even in the mall, bodies stacked in the corner waiting to be moved
And the dumpster, how untidy, arms and legs hanging over the sides
Nobody has any pride anymore in doing a good job........
This is what covid-19 was initially reported to be. Back then I already knew that covid-19 would likely be pretty harmless compared to what it was reported to be, but I found it quite sad to see everyone panic whenever someone sneezed. Luckily many people already forgot the old news reports and thus lost much of their paranoia. Modern people are easy to scare, but they also tend to quickly forget about whatever scared them once it is not reported about on the news anymore.

There are many people that had covid and didn't have symptoms, so I would wish everyone to not have severe effects of getting covid.
yes! I didn't officially have covid (we ran out of tests..) but since my wife and daughter tested positive, I said fuck it. let's all isolate together. so I've isolated for 10 days, now I'm at the pub thank you. Actually I had what felt like a marble lodged in my neck for two days. I wish you all have a similar omicron (or whatever) experience.

Awww yeah, free stuff for JDTAY. I can't help but feel it'll be a couple weeks too late though.
Too lazy to visit msn but are they bluetooth tests? No, seriously, any measure that helps people getting tested is good, so thanks Biden.
I don't understand the bluetooth hack news, though. Ok, I get that having a bluettoth device that can analyze samples at home or at premises is useful since it avoids sending samples to a lab. Fine.
But what does that have to do with certificates ? The problem is not computer security, even if the systems were secure there's still none looking who does the sample come from, you can always buy or borrow a swap from a healthy person to fake a negative test or from an infected one to fake positive. I mean the test was a convenience not an accreditation, right ? What's wrong with people nowadays? Remote at home test certificates? seriously ?

A device that can test samples for virus particles sounds more like a lateral flow test to me. It's a test that can analyse samples at home without being send to a lab and checked there, so it sounds like that to me.

But yeah, I also can't read msn stories these days. But this is a form of IoT device, right? The security holes are almost too long to list.

A device that can test samples for virus particles sounds more like a lateral flow test to me. It's a test that can analyse samples at home without being send to a lab and checked there, so it sounds like that to me.
The Register says that the results of the device get sent to a remote service which extends a certificate:
It gets worse: faked data produced by Ellume unit was happily ingested by an outfit named Azova that certifies the results of COVID tests so that travelers can enter the USA.

But yeah, I also can't read msn stories these days. But this is a form of IoT device, right? The security holes are almost too long to list.
Sure. No surprise there. My surprise is that they worry about the security of the device. The security of the concept of testing yourself and then getting a certificate from a remote service is ridiculous. Anyone can falsify samples, it doesn't matter whether there's IoT security or not.

my rationale exactly

Hmmm, not much to do with US COVID-19 data still paused until tomorrow. My state isn't even updating theirs until Tuesday.

The CDC says the seven-day new case average for COVID-19 already topped the Delta peak in the US on the 22nd though, and it's only going to get higher.

I'm still wondering if the free rapid tests aren't coming too late in the US. People who catch Omicron at Christmas will be experiencing peak infection at New Year's. Though I guess people who catch it at New Year's might get a free rapid test in time.

I'm still wondering if the free rapid tests aren't coming too late in the US. People who catch Omicron at Christmas will be experiencing peak infection at New Year's. Though I guess people who catch it at New Year's might get a free rapid test in time.
Yes, I can understand that. The delay gives some frustration. But then the free tests are going to be useful whenever they arrive. I know not everybody can afford them, but non-free tests work just as well (or are there shortages in the US too?), so people can pay for tests aftter Christams and enjoy free tests in New Year or even in February. It's not like COVID-19 will be over by then, unfortunately.

Don't you have them yet? I forget when we started ordering them, but we've got plenty of lateral flow tests in the house now. I'll be doing one before the family meets up together on Tuesday (providing the snow's gone by then).

New paper shows risk of Moderna for men under 40 compared to Pfizer or Covid.
2nd dose Moderna has a much higher risk for myocarditis then from Covid. If you want to get vaccinated or getting a booster, and you are a male under 40, you might just want to ask for the Pfizer (although Pfizer also has a higher risk then Covid).
Source (pdf in attachment): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.23.21268276v1.full.pdf
graph_dose.PNG

mRNA-1273 = Moderna
bnt162b2 = Pfizer
SARC-CoV-2 = Covid

Note: "First, we confirm and extend our previous findings in more than 42 million persons that the risk of hospitalization or death from myocarditis following COVID-19 infection is higher than the risk associated with vaccination in the overall population".

Attachments

• 2021.12.23.21268276v1.full.pdf
    347.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Speaking of Moderna, given the AllTrials.net Integrity Initiative’s statement about their reasons for excluding Moderna from their list (in addition to the rest of Moderna’s history), I find it quite concerning that it’s even being offered at all, let alone the only one being offered as a booster for those over 30 in, for example, France...

Last edited:
New paper shows risk of Moderna for men under 40 compared to Pfizer or Covid.
2nd dose Moderna has a much higher risk for myocarditis then from Covid. If you want to get vaccinated or getting a booster, and you are a male under 40, you might just want to ask for the Pfizer (although Pfizer also has a higher risk then Covid).
Source (pdf in attachment): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.23.21268276v1.full.pdf
Does anyone know why ? I mean I kind of understand that heart problems are more common in older people, and COVID-19 is worse for older people, so that'd explain the age differences. But the sex differences ?
I've heard heart disease is sometimes overlooked in women, so could these numbers show not the real risk but the underdiagnosing for women ? Or that's for other heart diseases and not myocarditis?
I know a woman over 50 who is going to get a moderna booster tomorrow. She got 2 doses of Pfizer before with mild secondary effects. The week after the second dose she felt weaker at sport (leisure) but otherwise fine.
The question is : does 3rd dose Moderna in this study mean the counted people all got 3 dosis of Moderna or do they also count 2 pfizer + 1/2 Moderna ? Maybe they looked at the UK and they haven't mixed brands there ?
Speaking of Moderna, given the AllTrials.net Integrity Initiative’s statement about their reasons for excluding Moderna from their list (in addition to the rest of Moderna’s history), I find it quite concerning that it’s even being offered at all, let alone the only one being offered as a booster for those over 30 in, for example, France...

I think they're giving half a dose of Moderna as booster, not one. They tried one dose of Moderna as booster and it gave a lot more protection but also too many secondary adverse effects. It's like Moderna is similar to Pfizer but just with higher dosage. It protects more, protection decreases after some months, and it has more secondary effects. It's like both were the same stuff basically but Pfizer tested a lower dosage and found it to work and Moderna tested a higher dosage and found it to work. I think they've preffered Moderna for people more at risk from weak health.
But what do I know ? Nothing.

Maybe they looked at the UK and they haven't mixed brands there ?
No, no they are indeed mixing here - a more senior relative also had two initial Pfizer doses and then had a Moderna booster (she wasn’t given a choice).
But what do I know ? Nothing.
Exactly what we will continue to know about Moderna details since they more or less refuse to publish them in anything approaching an appropriate manner (hence their explicit exclusion by AllTrials.net’s Integrity Initiative)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back