COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.. so vaccinations wear off. immunity isn't binary. some people will never take their masks off. some people will never hug their loved ones like they did ever again.

fear^2

yeah.. so vaccinations wear off. immunity isn't binary. some people will never take their masks off. some people will never hug their loved ones like they did ever again.

fear^2
We’ll greet each other like they do in Japan :)

July 5th's COVID-19 test positive rate in North Carolina, released today, was 4.8% percent. Pretty scary, considering it was 2.7% on July 2nd. Also, July 4th's positive rate got revised from 4.0% to 3.9%, so maybe this one will get revised downward a little bit too.

Finally, something to get me over my fear of being ****ed in the ***.

I have a deep, persistent cough.
I have been sleeping 10+ hours when I normally sleep 7.
I feel hot.
I am exceptionally ditzy.
Although I am vaccinated I am considering getting a test.
Maybe I have the lambda variant.
I'm actually just curious.
But if i get a test I have to isolate until I get the results.
Fuck it.

I have been sleeping 10+ hours when I normally sleep 7.
I feel hot.
I am exceptionally ditzy.
I'm actually just curious.
But if i get a test I have to isolate until I get the results.
Fuck it.
Is there support if you have to isolate? Do you have family and friends nearby who could help you out?

I'd say get a test, or phone a doctor. Not sure which one is more difficult or more collapsed or anything wher eyou are.
I don't know if you have COVID-19 or not, but if you do have it and with symptoms and all I bet you can pass it along.
Whatever you do, rest and try to stay in bed and let your body fight it.
I hope you get well soon.

Reactions: rSl

Current evidence shows that the lambda variant is susceptible to the mRNA vaccines, so if you've had one of those you're probably gonna be Ok. As I said previously, the vaccine won't stop you getting the virus - that's not the point. The point is to stop you from needing to go to hospital. You can still spread it.

Does your lungs feel bubbly? Do you hear spickles popping when you breath deeply?
Does something come out of your throat, like green mucus? Or is it just a dry cough
What is your queue number, can I have it? (skip the line)
Do you think "Cowboys v/s Aliens" was an historical movie?
I envy you, I've been sleeping 6 hours a days lately. Finishing projects and documenting what I do to get a week off.

Good news and bad news in North Carolina today. The good news is that the test positive rate went down for the last day revealed. The bad news is that we still just posted our highest daily total of cases in over a month.

Pfizer wants to give us boosters, but the US government seems skeptical so far. I'm pretty sure I had the Moderna vaccine anyway, so I wouldn't get a Pfizer booster.

They're doing tests here at the moment about giving you a different booster to the one you took originally. Only complication is if I remember the preliminary results they mentioned on the radio, AZ followed by Pfizer is better than Pfizer followed by AZ, and since both Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA based vaccines as far as I know it sounds like Moderna followed by either Pfizer or AZ wouldn't be worth much. Whether three doses of the same vaccine is best for mRNA users we'll probably need to wait until they publish the full results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back