Couple of small questiosn

Failcake

Still Fresh
Got my Pandora, and I absolutely love it. Amazing device. I just have a few questions...

1. How do I exit an application? All I could find was that I should hold down the Pandora button for a few seconds until a new window prompting me to force quit it comes up (half the time, holding down the Pandora button doesn't even do anything).

2. In emulators, is there a general method of saving/loading states, or does it vary from emulator to emulator?

3. Is there a way to alt+tab out of games, so to speak?

1. How do I exit an application? All I could find was that I should hold down the Pandora button for a few seconds until a new window prompting me to force quit it comes up (half the time, holding down the Pandora button doesn't even do anything).
This often varies by application. Usually it's noted in the documentation, though. If you're using Xfce, it will appear in the Documentation section of the Pandora-menu, and if you're using Minimenu, you can highlight the app in question and press the "Y" game button to bring it up. Sometimes documentation may be included as a separate file with the download, but in my experience this seems to be rare.

That said, some fairly common keys that are used for this are "Q" and "Esc", although some applications will need you to exit from their menu or suchlike, instead.

2. In emulators, is there a general method of saving/loading states, or does it vary from emulator to emulator?
As above, it tends to vary. Again, checking the documentation will usually answer this, at least for most apps.

3. Is there a way to alt+tab out of games, so to speak?
You're going to hate me for sounding repetitive, here, but this can vary, too. Strictly the answer is really "No", but the truth is that if you bring up the task-killer by holding down the Pandora button, but don't actually kill the app, this will cause some apps to temporarily drop to windowed form until you switch back to them. This doesn't work for everything, though, and in my own experience it's quite rare (thus far I've only come across it with FUSE, the ZX Spectrum emulator), but it can happen.

I hope this is useful to you in some capacity. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch for the speedy response, very helpful. But a lot of the time when I hold down the Pandora button nothing happens. Is there a reason for this?

No problem, glad to be of assistance. :)

Whilst I've heard of what you describe before, I honestly don't know - sorry about that.

I don't suppose your username is more than eight characters long, is it? (There were some issues relating to this at one point, but I thought that they had been fixed already. I'll just throw this out there anyway, though, just in case.)

If it's not that, it could just be cases where the task-killer window can't be brought to the front, perhaps, but I don't know for sure, I'm afraid.

Sorry about that, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back