Just a couple problems

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
Here's a few problems I've been having with my Pandora. Other than these, it's great! First off, I think my right nub is dying (brand new board D:) The right and up positions don't register, and if they do, they register very low values. I assume this is a hardware issue because it used to work perfectly. We're not supposed to clean out the new nubs ourselves, right? Another problem I've been having is with mupen64. I want to use the Backspace button and the 0 button as A (Backspace) and B (0), but I can't get the 0 configured. I've set up the C buttons as the game buttons respectively and A as KBOARD BACKSPACE. That all works, but when I try to set up B as KBOARD 0, nothing happens when I press that button and Game button X registers as both B and C down. Is the 0 button called something other than KBOARD 0 in the PSPP config?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your nubs may need calibrating (a little routine you can do on startup): http://pandorawiki.org/Nubs

Also go into menu -> setttings -> nubs settings, reset them, see if it helps.

Regarding Mupen64 mapping, I haven't had luck mapping to 0 either. You may find more help in this thread or this one. (While you're playing with mappings, you should set emulator exit to KBOARD X or similar. Works much better when it's not on the Pandora button.)

I've got exit at KBOARD Q. As for the nubs, I've reset them multiple times. Does calibrating take place on boot up or just at any time?

Just at boot time. The wiki doesn't word it very well (I'll fix that when I get a chance). While it's booting and the logo is on screen, move them up, let them go. Down, let them go. Left, etc etc. Repeat cycle while the logo remains on screen.

If that isn't helping, it may be a nub issue.

Actually, from what I've seen, the nubs are self calibrating all the time. If you spend 2 minutes going full to the left, but just a little to the right, it'll "drift" when you do eventually push full to the right, making left movements seem shorter than right movements. It should eventually calibrate itself back. This is entirely anecdotal and I could be crazy, but it's worked for me. Whenever I've noticed that one direction seems to be not as fast as the other, I just run the nub around in a circle a few times and that fixes it right up.

In addition to what's been said above, I recall one fellow had a similar-sounding issue with the nubs, and found that removing the battery for five to ten minutes seemed to fix it. I don't know why this would work, but it's no doubt worth a try. :p

Hmm, well the right nub is working fine now. I didn't calibrate this time because I forgot, but it's working just fine. That's good news. Now I just want 0 to work on mupen :( using P and O feels awkward.

Sorry to bump this back up, just thought it better to use this thread than start a new one. I'm having difficulty perfecting my nub caliberation. How do those axis caliberation options actually correspond to the nub. Like CALIB LEFT[0] = x . Which axis is that?

Bump! I'm having some problem where the diagonals go down to a sneak step with Mupen64. I've noticed the same thing on PCSX ReArmed but I've only tried it on Ape Escape so I don't know if the problem is there for all games. Anyone know what's up or has had the same problem?

Sounds like your left nub might be on its way out. :(

It's brand new ;-; One of the new boards. My left nub started being finnicky about a week after I got it :/ Plus, I think it's a software issue because my nub works fine as a mouse.

So no one else has this problem? Weird. I'll try twiddling them a lot to break them in, but I've been using them for a while. It's weird though that it's all of the diagonals, not just one or two.

(I'll fix that when I get a chance)
Hello Gruso, your inbox is full, i'm sorry for taking it into public.^^

Could you/anyone please take a short look for correct content? I am still waiting for my pandora and can not test it by myself.

http://www.pandorawiki.org/Nubs#Nub_Calibration

Thanks in advance.

Some (most) of the info you uploaded is wrong. I don't want to dicourage you from contributing to the wiki or other community projects, but please make sure that you are sure about info before adding to the wiki - often bad information can be more confusing or even damaging than no info at all. I'll fix the entry for you.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant - it just needed to be said ;)

Back