Alt+Tab-esque command?

Blue Protoman

Is there a script or something that I can use to have a feature that works like Alt-Tab in Windows? If you don't know, it's switching between windows or programs at the push of a button or combo. I know I can hold the Pandora button for a few seconds, but doing so is slow, unreliable, and clunky.

alt+tab :p (ninja'd)

though yes, there is the awkwardness of actually managing to press that on a pandora

look through teh xfce settings, should be some keyboard shortcuts section where you can assign something else (personally i'd go with both shoulder buttons, but that's too easy to press in the middle of a game)

Last edited by a moderator:
alt+tab
tongue.gif
(ninja'd)

though yes, there is the awkwardness of actually managing to press that on a pandora

look through teh xfce settings, should be some keyboard shortcuts section where you can assign something else (personally i'd go with both shoulder buttons, but that's too easy to press in the middle of a game)
Anyone actually tried this?

I am struggling to change this to a more convienient shortcut

In XFCE keyboard settings>application shortcuts - I have tried to set one up (Not sure of the command, have tried "cycle_windows_key") but no luck.

Any ideas?

I don't know if it can be configured in XFCE. I use OpenBox and I switch between windows by pressing Ctrl-Up/Down (so that is right shoulder button plus dpad). It is very comfortable.

Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn to switch between browser or terminal tabs, Ctrl-Up/Down to switch between windows, Ctrl-Left/Right to switch between desktops. It's more comfortable on my Pandora than on my laptop or desktop PC.

I think the problem with xfce (there is some thread somewhere about that) is that there are multiple configuration files that interact inintuitively with each other making it effectively impossible to bind most keys using the xfce settings ui. I seem to recall someone has had succes with just deleting one of the offending files from /etc, but I haven't tried that myself :)

FN+ALT+TAB works fine if you are dealing with games/applications that run in an window.. However most games and some applications draw directly to the framebuffer for performance reasons.. so even if you alt-tab to another window you won't see it while the game/application is drawing to the framebuffer.

Back