Congrats To Italy!

You are right, its not about "may the best team win". It's about how many times can you fall to the ground like you have been hit by Mike Tyson when there is hardly any contact. Its about trying to get your opponents sent off and general cheating - You must be so proud.

You're sad, man. I didn't play - the team did. I don't give a rat's ass what happened, I can only speak of the result - in doing so, I mentioned what a shame the match with England was because there was no clear winner and the decision had to be by penalty kick lottery.

Guys like you full of bitterness and resentment give the sport a bad name. Congrats to England on the great match they made even playing with 10 and congrats to Portugal and namely Ricardo for defending all those penalties. I thought only the press was lame enough to put inside the court GRUDGE and HOT AIR but at least some fans are equally lame. Pfff.

DaveN posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
LHC posted on Jul 10 2006 at 12:54 PM said:
It's a lot easier to not concede having played 4 games than having played 7.
Yeah, but it's a bit disappointing to getting kicked out in the penalties in the eight-finals after getting first in a group with france and south korea. And also, we've lost 1 game in the last 28 matches ( the one against turkey ) until to the k.o. rounds. And we've played against teams like france and italy and haven't lost against them.

Nya. Soccer plays on the field and not on the paper with statistics.
You deride Italy for having conceded two goals and Switzerland none (a statistic) and also quote a bunch of stats to do with games unbeaten, yet Italy won the tournament.

Also the Swiss team was largely seen as negative and boring (much like England), and the way they approached the Ukraine game was frankly embarassing. Greece won Euro 2004 like that, but it's pretty bad for football.

Last edited by a moderator:
sardaukar posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:58 PM said:
You are right at its not about "may the best team win". It's about how many times can you fall to the ground like you have been hit by Mike Tyson when there is hardly any contact. Its about trying to get your opponents sent off and general cheating - You must be so proud.

You're sad, man. I didn't play - the team did. I don't give a rat's ass what happened, I can only speak of the result - in doing so, I mentioned what a shame the match with England was because there was no clear winner and the decision had to be by penalty kick lottery.

Guys like you full of bitterness and resentment give the sport a bad name. Congrats to England on the great match they made even playing with 10 and congrats to Portugal and namely Ricardo for defending all those penalties. I thought only the press was lame enough to put inside the court GRUDGE and HOT AIR but at least some fans are equally lame. Pfff.

Bollocks - Am not bitter, in fact I accept that England were very poor and were lucky to get as far as they did. If I am in any way bitter its because England were shit and the tactics were poor.

My issue is with players who cheat. How can any "proffessional" justify falling at the slightest touch and trying to get an opposing colleague sent off? Many players from many teams do it (not just Portugal) and it is well out of order.

Are you saying that its only the result that is important and not what happens during the game? Well, surely that attitude gives sport a bad name and pretty much suggests you know f**k all.

I am more pissed off with your comments towards me - You have made assumptions about me when you don't even know me.

Anyway, i'm done now - just don't make offensive comments towards me when I was making a factual statement about the conduct of some players - They obviously were not aimed at you (as I did manage to work out that you were not playing in the world cup!) so you shouldn't aim personal comments back at me.

kknd_cf posted on Jul 9 2006 at 10:59 PM said:
773079146_zidane.gif

Dutch Channel FTW! :p

zidane11tm.gif

LMAO! :p
2.gif

Montsubai posted on Jul 11 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
Dutch Channel FTW! :p

Watched part of it on the dutch channel and part of it on the belgian channel (vt4) :p

:D This one is great too. It must have taken them ages! Brilliant!

zz42mn.gif

Like the others, it takes a while to load. Warning 18+ It may offend some people.

Bub&Bob posted on Jul 11 2006 at 09:29 AM said:
You are right at its not about "may the best team win". It's about how many times can you fall to the ground like you have been hit by Mike Tyson when there is hardly any contact. Its about trying to get your opponents sent off and general cheating - You must be so proud.

Bollocks - Am not bitter, in fact I accept that England were very poor and were lucky to get as far as they did. If I am in any way bitter its because England were shit and the tactics were poor.

My issue is with players who cheat. How can any "proffessional" justify falling at the slightest touch and trying to get an opposing colleague sent off? Many players from many teams do it (not just Portugal) and it is well out of order.

Are you saying that its only the result that is important and not what happens during the game? Well, surely that attitude gives sport a bad name and pretty much suggests you know f**k all.

I am more pissed off with your comments towards me - You have made assumptions about me when you don't even know me.

Anyway, i'm done now - just don't make offensive comments towards me when I was making a factual statement about the conduct of some players - They obviously were not aimed at you (as I did manage to work out that you were not playing in the world cup!) so you shouldn't aim personal comments back at me.

In what Universe do you live? "Players who cheat, awww..." - wake up, it's part of the game. Always has been and always will. "Awww, he faked a penalty" "awww, he dived to the ground..." - how is this news to you and pisses you off? Shows how much YOU know about it. And I mentioned I could only speak about the result, BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE. DUH!

Oh, and "You must be so proud" sounds fairly offensive towards me. Know why? Because the goramm sentence start with "You must -". Trolls suck. <_<

sardaukar posted on Jul 11 2006 at 11:00 PM said:
Bub&Bob posted on Jul 11 2006 at 09:29 AM said:

In what Universe do you live? "Players who cheat, awww..." - wake up, it's part of the game. Always has been and always will. "Awww, he faked a penalty" "awww, he dived to the ground..." - how is this news to you and pisses you off? Shows how much YOU know about it. And I mentioned I could only speak about the result, BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE. DUH!

Oh, and "You must be so proud" sounds fairly offensive towards me. Know why? Because the goramm sentence start with "You must -". Trolls suck. <_<

If you didn't see the game at all then it's fair for you to just speak about the result but if you did (as I did on TV) then you can talk about more than just the result.

Ok lets forget the personal stuff, it's not productive, so if you feel that I started it then I appologise.

I know it is part of the game but that doesn't make it right, surely you agree with that??

I don't really agree that its always been part of the game. From my point of view (and this is not mean't be be an insult) the english league has only really started to see cheating on a major scale since the arrival of foreign players.

That's not to say that english players don't do it now becuase they do. Gerrard cheated to get a penalty in our last warm up game before the wc. I support Arsenal and there has always been a culture of fair play - When Robert Pires started falling down all the time he was greeted with derision. I think that players should now be punished with long bans retrospectivly which should begin to stop it. Also, when a player runs half the length of the field to ask the ref to send a player off is just not right and they should also be punished I think.

PS - what's a goramm?

Back