Compatable Wireless Dongles

All of them can work you just have to work with the Caanoos linux distro.

I know there are some people who have been playing with some nano receivers on this forum, haven't looked at their progress in while though.

look for Ralink chipsets, they should work (I have a noname stick with Ralink, works perfectly out of the box)

Hi,

I have little one from HAMA and it works fine. Look for 'HAMA Wlan-usb mini 150 Mbs'. It's about 2cm long and supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode.

Somewhere in the German board I read that all Ralink RT**** chips should work (should be the same like in the official donge), adn at the German ubuntu board they have a list with linux-compatible hardware like wlan-sticks.

EDIT:
All sticks with the Ralink 2870 and 3070 should work and the Ubuntuusers link.

glezmen said:
look for Ralink chipsets, they should work (I have a noname stick with Ralink, works perfectly out of the box)
I have a Belkin Wireless G F5D7050 v3, which does NOT work with the Caanoo out of the box. It has a Ralink RT2571WF chip. It works out of the box on my Linux laptop. Not ALL Ralink cards work out-of-the-box.

It might, however, work with this driver:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j0abaxp9bb9gfqd

You have to unzip them the file "rt2570.ko" in a folder on your SD card, then load it. Example:

/sbin/insmod /mnt/sd/stuff/rt2570.ko

The driver might not work. In fact, I have no idea whether or not it really works. When I try to initialize the interface, I get an error:

Code:
# /sbin/ifconfig rausb0 up
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Invalid argument
# /lib/modules/2.6.24/kernel/net/wireless/tools/iwconfig rausb0 mode auto essid nelson key 7782337221abc channel auto nickname "caanoo"
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06)  : 
SET failed on device rausb0 ; Network is down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back