Cherry keyboard not working

Do you use a hub?

Without it it won't work with USB 1.0 (2.0 compatible) devices.

Clerification: Pandora's big USB port will not work with "USB low speed" or "USB full Speed" devices. It has nothing to do with USB 1.0 or 2.0 devices. USB High Speed Hubs have built in translators that translate "USB Low Speed" and "USB Full Speed" to "USB High Speed", and allow those devices to work on Pandoras "USB High Speed" only USB port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whhat seriously? USB peripherals won't work as simple as keyboards and mice?
It's nothing to do with the simplicity of the device. If it's a USB 1 device you need to use a hub. If it's a USB 2 device you can plug it straight in.

if you grab a little OTG plug then it'll work just fine in the OTG port. The problem is that the full sized port is 2.0 only. no backwards compatibility on it.

Clerification: Pandora's big USB port will not work with "USB low speed" or "USB Full Speed" devices.
Slightly FTFY. Yes, it confuses me too - high speed is faster than full speed. I had to look it up on Wikipedia again - I initially thought the rest of your post had it wrong, but it turned out you were righter than I was.

Clerification: Pandora's big USB port will not work with "USB low speed" or "USB Full Speed" devices.
Slightly FTFY. Yes, it confuses me too - high speed is faster than full speed. I had to look it up on Wikipedia again - I initially thought the rest of your post had it wrong, but it turned out you were righter than I was.
Thank you for the fix, I'll go fix that in the original.

The naming is incredibly confusing and using USB 1 and USB 2 only makes it worse as USB 1 is a subset of USB 2, so many devices claim to be USB 2, but only support USB low speed or USB Full Speed.

Thank you for the fix, I'll go fix that in the original.

The naming is incredibly confusing and using USB 1 and USB 2 only makes it worse as USB 1 is a subset of USB 2, so many devices claim to be USB 2, but only support USB low speed or USB Full Speed. On top of all this is now USB 3 that includes USB 2 and USB1,  adds "USB Ultra Speed" and new connectors

I'm assuming that Superspeed devices will fall back to high speed if they have to, like High speed devices are supposed to fall back to Low speed or Full speed on a USB1 port, but I've not got any Superspeed USB3 devices yet to test that out.

I'm assuming that Superspeed devices will fall back to high speed if they have to, like High speed devices are supposed to fall back to Low speed or Full speed on a USB1 port, but I've not got any Superspeed USB3 devices yet to test that out.
spaceballs_ludicrous_speed.jpeg

Back