Community Paradigm Shift

hi

For me i never buy Pandora if it has not special homebrews for it

why don't you compare with PSP/DS ?

for me it's same market

i want to buy a PSP for : No gravity and other homebrews of Genevois ( i couldn't test on my pc, my computer is not compatible with it) Patapon and Loco Roco

a lot of person (artists) have buy NDS only for Colors !

i'll buy an Pandora only if it has program who interest me which doesn't exist anywhere , if it exist on PC it will be good thing after but not at beginning of Pandora

and for me why buy apple product if i have the same on my PC :blink:

up it is my argument of gamer, end user.

Now i explain you my mind of homebrewer ....

i want to buy a Pandora because i want to developp for it and maybe ON IT ( my old dream a pocket computer :p ) it is a great pocket computer :)

Please don't close your community, open it to other

Take a look of french coding http://www.dev-fr.org/ it speak about ALL homebrews on all platforms

i think you could open a section about homebrew SDL/opengl for PC ;)

Arialia said:
Now i explain you my mind of homebrewer ....

i want to buy a Pandora because i want to developp for it and maybe ON IT ( my old dream a pocket computer :p ) it is a great pocket computer :)

Please don't close your community, open it to other

Take a look of french coding http://www.dev-fr.org/ it speak about ALL homebrews on all platforms

i think you could open a section about homebrew SDL/opengl for PC ;)

Salut, ami bourgignon!

Moi aussi j'amerais beaucoup programmer SUR la console, bien que j'imagine que je continurais à programmer principalement sur mon PC.
I too would really like to code ON the console, although I guess I'll keep deving mostly on my computer.

Ca serait intéressant de voir si on pouvait faire un deal d'exclusivité avec craigix pour garder un jeu sur la Pandora pendant une certain durée. Enfin faudrais que le jeu soit balaise ;)
It would be interesting to see if we could get an exclusivity deal with craigix to keep a game on the Pandora for a while. The game would have to be really good tho ;)

dev-fr à l'air sympa, mais comme chez PDroms le homebrew est noyé parmi le reste, mais j'avoue que le concept du site (la présentation et tout) est très bien.
dev-fr looks nice, but just like on PDroms homebrew is drowned among the rest, but I've gotta admit that the site's concept (the layout and all that) is really nice.

Avec quelques personnes sur #gp2xdev on à décider de créer une communauté indépendante dédiée à tout ce qui est jeux homebrew sur toutes les plateformes de toute façon. Je pense que la présentation de dev-fr pourra servir d'inspiration pour quelques trucs ;)
With a few people on #gp2xdev we decided to create an independant community dedicated to homebrew games on all platforms anyways. I think dev-fr's layout could be used as an inspiration for a few thing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
JakeK said:
What have you made for the GP2X A_SN?
Run Hitler Run, Sponge Blob Tennis, colourd (the colour correction daemon that corrects your gp2x's colours permanently) and a WIP solar system simulator that I only showed to a few people. Oh and "A_SN's Pong", my first video game ever that I made in 2 days.

JakeK said:
Oh you made Sponge Blob Tennis, I love that game.
Oh, thanks. I didn't know anyone liked it. I thought they only thought it looked good but was dull to play. Too bad I didn't get to polish it in any way (I rushed it for GBAX 07 and didn't really go back to it)

JakeK said:
It can be challenging and I like its different take on tennis. It wasn't just another run of the mill tennis game.
True :) well actually that was truly a pong-tennis cross-over. But the isometric POV makes it hard to play. So much that I had to cheat on the ball's shadow to make it be right under the ball instead of at a realistic position consistent with the boxes and house's shadows.

Reminds me I intended to release a version of SBT with a menu to adjust settings that make up the difficulty of the game, like speed, gravity or various AI settings.

Orkie said:
JakeK said:
I want to see it become as big as it can
Why though? This is something I find very odd about the whole attitude towards the Pandora - people think they should support it to the point where there have been one or two instances of members contacting companies themselves to get them to port their products to the Pandora. It is madness!

Well, some people may be overreacting. However, there are good reasons why I contact my favourite game developers about the Pandora. I want to have all my favourite awesome games on my favourite awesome handheld. Also, I want my favourite developers to sell more copies of their awesome games and thus tell them of the great opportunity this platform presents to expand their userbase. Of course you should think about what is reasonable and when it is reasonable before just contacting Nintendo to port Mario Galaxy. ;)

Jackd said:
I don't want to buy this device and have it die like the zodiac, [...]
Well, the Zodiac did not die because of a lack of software. It died because Tapwave misestimated the number of units they could sell and also because of marketing that wasn't aimed too well. I'm pretty sure Craig won't make these two mistakes.

If anyone can get some software companies to give Pandora a look, it's my friend Orr. :p The man is a machine!

And yeah, Zodiac had a lot of issues actually. It was a hard product to market, but I give them credit for being pioneers. At the least, I think all Zodiac fans will agree with me when I say - it was a fun, unique ride while it lasted.

Also, they had MASSIVE competition breathing down the Zodiac's neck with the PSP and DS coming along at the time, and PalmOS and PDA's in general were entering a major slump as smart phones took over much of the classic PDA market. And lastly, the Zodiac had some real manufacturing issues - I went thru 2 of them and both went bad on me. My remaining unit no longer works. But it's still one good looking device. *sigh*

A_SN said:
JakeK said:
It can be challenging and I like its different take on tennis. It wasn't just another run of the mill tennis game.
True :) well actually that was truly a pong-tennis cross-over. But the isometric POV makes it hard to play. So much that I had to cheat on the ball's shadow to make it be right under the ball instead of at a realistic position consistent with the boxes and house's shadows.

Reminds me I intended to release a version of SBT with a menu to adjust settings that make up the difficulty of the game, like speed, gravity or various AI settings.

Hahaha yes it can be difficult to play. Especially trying to return a ball that is hit high in the air.

JakeK said:
Hahaha yes it can be difficult to play. Especially trying to return a ball that is hit high in the air.
Well fortunately the AI sucks pretty badly at catching those too (even worse than most players I'd say). That's quite gratifying to manage to catch a high ball tho, mainly that you can only control your lateral speed as long as you're in contact with the ground (for the sake of realism), and often you only figure out which way to go as you're already in the air ;).

The other challenge is to throw the ball high. Even tho the AI sucks at catching those so it's a good technique to score points, you can lose many points by trying to do it.

A_SN said:
JakeK said:
Well fortunately the AI sucks pretty badly at catching those too (even worse than most players I'd say). That's quite gratifying to manage to catch a high ball tho, mainly that you can only control your lateral speed as long as you're in contact with the ground (for the sake of realism), and often you only figure out which way to go as you're already in the air ;).

The other challenge is to throw the ball high. Even tho the AI sucks at catching those so it's a good technique to score points, you can lose many points by trying to do it.

Hahaha you have no idea how many times I loss to the AI. Maybe I just ain't used to it yet >.<.

Back