Community-contributed Advertisement

yaustar said:
Pandora:
Powerful,
Open,
Portable.
'Nuff said.

Meh... too cheesy :/
You could change the name of it to "POP" and THEN use that slogan! Powerful, Open, Portable. POP!
Clever doesn't sell, zing and ease of use does! Everyone knows what "POP!" is! ^_^

Once you POP, you can't stop!
POP goes the handheld!
We're POPpin' an' lockin', fool.
By POPular demand!

Wow, my computer room is brimming over with cheese. I could start a cheesery with all of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I previously stated in this thread, Pandora is a hobbyist device. It is not fit for the general public, nor could it be made so without compromising its utility to it's intended (hobbyist) audience. The target market for a device like this will find it regardless of marketing, good or bad. Some in the wider gaming community may find it interesting (and may end up purchasing one), but the general gaming community is already being catered to with cheaper, simpler devices.

Instead of trying to compete with the giants of the handheld market, the Pandora team has wisely decided to cater to an under-served niche market. There is no device currently quite like the Pandora, being adept at both gaming and mobile computing. There may not be a huge market for a $300+ device that is halfway between a Nokia N810 and a PSP, but there doesn't have to be.

So don't spend too much time debating over slogans and catch-phrases. No handful of words, no matter how cleverly arranged, is going to convince someone to buy a device like this. It's either just what you're looking for, or it isn't.

How about....

Pandora - Open Mind, Open Source

Pandora - WE MADE IT! WORLD FIRST AND WORLD BEST

Pandora - Best Partner for life style

Anyway, these were all the GPH ones. For a comparative, I would say the top GPH quote beats all of the suggestions here.

Chip said:
[Blah blah blah]

So don't spend too much time debating over slogans and catch-phrases. No handful of words, no matter how cleverly arranged, is going to convince someone to buy a device like this. It's either just what you're looking for, or it isn't.
Hey, it's all in good fun! If some people in the community find that the Pandora triggers a creative spark in their heads, is that really such a bad thing? We're not labouring under the misapprehension that everything we do will be used or something, we're just messing about and getting a bit of a creative work-out while we're at it. Ain't no big thing.

icurafu said:
How about....

Pandora - WE MADE IT! WORLD FIRST AND WORLD BEST

Pandora - Best Partner for life style
Anyway, these were all the GPH ones. For a comparative, I would say the top GPH quote beats all of the suggestions here.

Agreed, GPH got at least their slogans right on :)

I have an idea here, but it depends on what kind of logo is used. If it's a stylized logo that could be printed without text, it would work well, I think.

imec said:
Pandora, steal back your childhood memories.
icurafu said:
Accepted.

If I missed anyone who was serious, let me know. :)

Yrx said:
I have an idea here, but it depends on what kind of logo is used. If it's a stylized logo that could be printed without text, it would work well, I think.

Oops, almost missed you... added.

It would make sense to wait on this until the logo is decided. The worst thing you can do is give a fragmented impression of something new like this, it should be consistent and on-message from day one. The logo will have a huge effect on the appearance on ads, and may even influence the sales angle (depending on how important the box idea, opening, or other mythologies we're exploring in the logo thread become)

Kind of like putting the cart before the horse, besides, I expect Craig knows what he's doing...

®

Back