Commodore 64

@Eight Bit I like the little things. For example that effort to find words to make it align perfectly: :cool:
aligned.jpg

Or the way the image was created as half, then mirrored, then modified to remove the symmetry. The "x" instead of superscript "tm"
Really like the hands, but there's something off about the middlefinger, not sure. The skullhead is a bit too small, but it makes sense to have it in a dark circle. I miss the red eyes when the electricity "jumped" and a highlight effect on the helmet, maybe even the shoulders, or a glowing sprite at the hands. The light effect from under (orange/brown) is very well done.
Sound has some nice sweeps and crescendos, quite mellow. I like it.
Good font (all 3 of them)

fyi

Server breach notice​

On december 13 Lemon Amiga and Lemon64 had a server breach where the attacker gained root access to the servers. We therefore strongly advice you to change your forum password and not to use the same password anywhere else. Actions have been taken to remove possible vulnerables.

Yeah, lemon64 is showing a parking notice to me, although this might not be anything other than the server having been switched off; the hosting firm identified there seems to be a relatively normal swedish hosting firm, and is not a known domain squatter to me.

They talk about a 15 year old server. It's probably those rackspaces where you bring your own server. I guess they will need to slowly analize how they got access before they know how to patch it, or alternatively, set up a brand new server with new software. Both are a time consuming process, so I expect them to be down a bit more, especially because (family/work). I like the fact that they stay down until repaired, some websites value "uptime" so much they restore from an earlier backup, update basics and call it a day.

Reactions: rSl
No they talk about 15+ year old software. According to their forum they're running a 2005ish edition of phpBB, which I guess it what they're referring to. Kind of surprising they haven't updated it already, but there you go.

A hodgepodge of oldies:

And here's a good artist creating great images:

And of course (there's so many to choose from):

* dont eat yellow snow!

Honorable mention (could not find a youtube for it:)

Last edited:
And suddenly, Another World comes to the C64... (unfinished)

Hmm.. it doesn't float my boat...
I truly love my C64's but I always feel these kind of things are a bit gimmicky, tapping into nostalgic feelings to make money. Same with that Atari console that came out recently, it's just a regular un-impressive PC in there...
The price is out there too, even with a cherry switched keyboard included. Dunno, maybe I'm just a cranky old sock...
I do like projects like the Commander X16 and I feel a machine like that would deserve it's own case in a form factor like this C64 themed one above.
Instead they've chosen for a basic old-skool micro ATX / Mini ITX casing one can put a crt monitor on top off... unfortunately :-/

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the mini version either. But maybe it's because I'm not nostalgic towards the C64; it was made long before I was born. I still like to C64 though and own 2 of them. I buy them whenever I see them in thrift stores. Unfortunately, big daddy government has now closed down these shops becasue buying cool computers for cheap is too dangerous. I hope that the thrift stores can stay in business without selling anything in their stores but I think that a lot of them will be gone once big daddy government allows them to open up again.

I also used to buy a lot cool stuff from markets but obviously these things are gone now as well. Though I do not recall seeing a C64 there.

WRT thrift stores it depends who their landlord is. If they're in a big center they're likely to have a high charging landlord so may well have gone bust already. But if they're out in the sticks a little bit it may be they are merely leasehold or maybe they might own the land and the store outright. Certainly around these parts you're more likely to find thrift stores out of the way, so you might be lucky.

I think that it depends more on how long big daddy government is going to take destroying the scary virus for us. If it takes them another year then I doubt any of those businesses can survive.

Back