Coded Arms Forces Update Past V 1.5 Firmware!

bast525

This sucks... Coded Arms is the one game I've been looking forward to since launch, and now it has been confirmed, that this game, the Japanese version at least, will force you to update your PSP before playing. While no one has confirmed what version it updates to, it has been tried on a 1.5 PSP and was still asking for an update, so it's a version higher than that. :( :angry:

It really sucks that this news would follow so closely after they just perfected the 1.5 hack....

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

well its not like we didn't know this day was coming

sucks that it is so soon though

i doubt i'll be buying any games before the UK launch, no doubt snes, genesis and gba will have reached a superb level of awesomeness by that time.

this will always be the ace that sony has up their sleeve, all new manufactuered PSPs will have v1.5+ fw so the number able to execute code will slowly dwindle as people upgrade their PSPs

to combat this, what we need is a hardware mod.
i really think there will be a better and future proof way later on. the psp scene is just that popular.

Thank goodness, I don't want to have to choose between PSP games and homebrew.

On that note, what would you guys choose? At the moment it would certainly be homebrew for me, but I can't see me thinking that for long.

I love FPS games, and this one is a cool cyper punk themed one...*sigh*

SOLOUTION: Isnt there someway to flash your psp to 1.5? cos then you could just flash it back after you have played coded arms.

Oh ok, its just i thought sony provided the ability to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5, thought it could work from whatever ths new one is back to 1.5 but obviously not.

I have not got a psp so i have no idea how this works.

It's crazy, I've bought a couple of new games on UMD, and I'm playing Chron Trigger from the memory card! And it's the best thing I've played on the PSP!

Sorry, sony :ph34r:

If the worst comes to the worst, And considering that this (the PSP) could become the best currently available handheld for homebrew (Ninja not included, As it doesn`t exist Yet!). I will just end up getting another PSP, Keeping my existing PSP for homebrew and new can be flashed until the bios chip burns out. :p Problem solved. :D

Trooper

Oh, man. Those of you who believe they could use their PSP´s as homebrew consoles whilst also playing the commercial games are soooo wrong. Firmware v.1.0 has been cracked easily. V.1.5 posed much more of a problem, and noone knows how hard it will be to find an exploit for 1.52 and above. Face it: if you hope to play homebrew on your PSP, you cannot play any new commercial game anymore. Soon you have to buy a 2nd one (but hurry, 1.5 ones will be rare soon) to play both commercial and homebrew apps - or you can´t play any new commercial games at all.
Unless someone starts manufacturing modchips, (which is unlikely, they would get annihilated by Sony) the PSP won´t ever be a device for homebrew. Sony will see to that. I really hope that the Ninja will become reality someday- a system developed for homebrew is 1000 times better than a system cracked for homebrew.

I'm definately getting another PSP soon.

I have a 1.0 and 1.5 now, my wife is using the 1.0. I'll buy a new one to give to her, and keep the 1.0 w/o ever upgrading it.

It sucks because I was one of the ones who was greatly looking forward to buying Coded Arms... and now I have to hold off on that, as I don't have enough extra cash laying around at the moment to buy another PSP.

It's definately worth owning a PSP for homebrew/emus, IMO, and worth buying one just for that reason. Heck, when I bought my GP32 it cost me nearly $300 for the BLU, rechargeable batteries, and a couple 128mb SMC's. A PSP and 528mb card (pfff like I'd ever BUY that, but just for illustration) can be had for about the same price.

Well... I have this feeling that Coded Arms is going to end up sucking, getting bad reviews and such... so that will help and keep me from needing to rush to buy another system.

Back