Chances Of A Reply?

Renozuken9

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey guys. The names Josh. I emailed Craigix, PM'ed EvilDragon, MWeston, And Squidge about something. I also added evildragon on MSN. What are the chances that these guys will get time to reply? I know they must be busy, and such. Have any of you talked to them before? Anybody know what there schedules are like?

Thanks guys,
-Josh Boyer

Yeah they are extremely busy but they always manage to pop up on these forums, almost every other day if we are talking about something of interest. I think it's safe to say they won't ignore you or anything, they will answer whatever you sent them when they can make time for it. I'm honestly not a fan of PMing, and I wouldn't PM anyone unless you talked with them on the boards telling them that you would. Squidge post here more frequently then others (right Squidge!!!) but MWeston and Craigix are beginning to post more and more frequently here too. They'll get with ya.

PM is bad because you hardly ever notice it saying "1 New Messages" and if you change your preferences to pop up the box on new PM, it's gets very annoying being interrupted when you don't want to be (and then you forget about it).

Anyway, I've looked at your PM, and it's nothing to do with me really. I'd say only the main people can answer it.

Renozuken9 said:
Hey guys. The names Josh. I emailed Craigix, PM'ed EvilDragon, MWeston, And Squidge about something. I also added evildragon on MSN. What are the chances that these guys will get time to reply? I know they must be busy, and such. Have any of you talked to them before? Anybody know what there schedules are like?

Thanks guys,
-Josh Boyer
Hey Josh, I saw your message. I'd like to answer it here for others benefit too.

We're not developing any commercial software so beta testers are not really required. Those first 100 (actually 110) are reserved mainly for code developers who can provide benefit to the system by adding programs that will create a nice suite of software and mature tools for the main launch.

There are a number of professionals in industry that want a Pandora to code on and Craig probably knows of many coders key to the GP2X scene who will get first dibs on systems. Beyond that there might be a bunch that I can throw on ebay and get way more than retail price for ;)

oops, did I type that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
Hey Josh, I saw your message. I'd like to answer it here for others benefit too.

We're not developing any commercial software so beta testers are not really required. Those first 100 (actually 110) are reserved mainly for code developers who can provide benefit to the system by adding programs that will create a nice suite of software and mature tools for the main launch.

There are a number of professionals in industry that want a Pandora to code on and Craig probably knows of many coders key to the GP2X scene who will get first dibs on systems. Beyond that there might be a bunch that I can throw on ebay and get way more than retail price for ;)

oops, did I type that :)
Thanks for the response Mike. It seems that you sort have mis-interepreted my message. I wasn't applying for Software Testing, I was apply for Hardware Testing. (Such as: Testing the interface, The Design, Multiple fuctions such as SD load out. Basically the ins and outs of the system.)

Would you guys be accepting testers to test the System/hardware wise? (Like, test its possibilities, and Interface, Design, and etc. NOT the software.)

I'm more experienced in Hardware testing, than I am in software testing. Thats why I ask if you guys are interested in having a hardware tester.

Thanks
-Josh

Wow, when i was reading this you kinda type like me with adding

Best regards,
Josh

Stuff like that. Hahahahaha, Just had to post and say i thought it was me writing that until i saw the name!

If I remember correctly, there will be 100 or so people testing the hardware (and checking out the os/etc, maybe even porting a few apps), and making changes based on the result of that before creating the main batch for the "public".

Renozuken9 said:

Thanks guys,
-Josh Boyer
I have ED on MSN... I bother him from time to time and he replies.

Squidge said:
If I remember correctly, there will be 100 or so people testing the hardware (and checking out the os/etc, maybe even porting a few apps), and making changes based on the result of that before creating the main batch for the "public".
Are those 100 or so people, already choosen? If not I would love to put an application out or something of the sort, if you guys are accepting applications. (From what you read, you could guess I'm a hardworker. Its true, I am.)

Yea Poke. I have also added ED on msn. I dont think he has accepted me yet. I imagine him to be a busy man.

lubidog said:
This sort of begging will get more frequent..........

Hmmm? What do you mean? I hope your not referring to me as some blatant forum newcomer, who spams and cannot type well. I would make an example of a blatant forum newcomer, yet doing that may lower my IQ score. :)))

Also, you have to think. If someone has to beg for a position, it shows interest in the product. Meaning the Open Pandora will probably be a huge hit. (I don't beg. If one of the developers/workers for the dev team of the Open Pandora, tells me that theres no positions left and all the 100 people have been selected. (Probably ages before I came here. ;)) I will leave it at that.)

Remember you still have to BUY the system. Unless you're a known developer. They probably have some special deal.

We all want one of that 100 first units :D , but at least me I'm sure that I will not get one (althought I would be very happy to code the gui but only if I get one, but that will not happen..)

I wonder who will be the choosen hundred...:lol:

I believe most of them are, but the decision is Craigs really, who will no doubt pick developers from the gp2x scene. Not only will they be testing the hardware, they will also be creating applications, drivers, and such. After all, hardware is nothing without software (ex. You can't really test the dpad and analog pads until there is some software that uses them - same with the keyboard, audio, lcd, wifi, etc...).

If you have experience of Linux software development (of course, with device driver knowledge an advantage) to go along with your hardware testing knowledge, then no doubt you'll be placed in the "hat".

Yrx said:
Remember you still have to BUY the system. Unless you're a known developer. They probably have some special deal.
Ofcourse. Nothings free in life. Except popup ads. They are free. Yet noone wants them.

To reply to what squidge just posted:

Thats very true. You make an amazing point about not being able to test anything if theres no applications made for them. I have no knowledge of linux dev. (The only knowlegde I have, is how to use linux. Haha.) Good point there! :)

Squidge said:
I believe most of them are, but the decision is Craigs really, who will no doubt pick developers from the gp2x scene. Not only will they be testing the hardware, they will also be creating applications, drivers, and such. After all, hardware is nothing without software (ex. You can't really test the dpad and analog pads until there is some software that uses them - same with the keyboard, audio, lcd, wifi, etc...).

If you have experience of Linux software development (of course, with device driver knowledge an advantage) to go along with your hardware testing knowledge, then no doubt you'll be placed in the "hat".
Besides driver development, what other kind of linux software development is needed? I don't have any knowledge at driver development but perhaps I still can help with other kind of development (I have been using debian since 2001 to 2003 and gentoo since then, and I'm very used to linux and have developed on it, althought I don't have any work to show). Althought what I always wanted is to code the interface :lol:

efegea said:
We all want one of that 100 first units :D , but at least me I'm sure that I will not get one (althought I would be very happy to code the gui but only if I get one, but that will not happen..)

I wonder who will be the choosen hundred...:lol:
I DON'T want one of the first 100.

I have had too many of the "Pre-Release" editions of things. Enough that I am not going to put down money on them, no matter how good they look.

I eagerly await the finalization of the complete model, and the software.

OT: this is what greeting I get on choosing to type this:

Replying to Chances Of A Reply?

I am horrified beyond words.

Back