CaSTaway GP feedback

I love castaway, it's the emulator I use the most- and the Gui implementation is brilliant. But... I've now started watching ST demo's, most of which use sampled sound, and of course they all sound like a Darlek in heat. Is there any chance of fixing sampled sound playback?

I love castaway, it's the emulator I use the most- and the Gui implementation is brilliant. But... I've now started watching ST demo's, most of which use sampled sound, and of course they all sound like a Darlek in heat. Is there any chance of fixing sampled sound playback?
and/or getting Sensible Soccer to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to love the demo scene, would be really good to get some working on my GP, will have to look into that.

There's a lot of games that involve waggling your joystick from side to side which is all well and good on an atari coz you can replace it. But I don't want to be chucking my gp32 away for the same reason. Could you get an auto-waggle feature somehow?

Would it be possible to add to/change the gamma selection options? This is only speculation but it looks like increasing the gamma setting just adds an even amount to the red, green and blue values. Adding a percentage should result in more vivid colours that might work better on the GP32 screen.

For example (using windows values) R160 G40 B40 is a dark red. Adding an even 40 (R200 G80 B80) results in a kind of pinkish but adding 20% to the values (R192 G48 B48) results in a brighter red.

With Gpengine, Casteway is my favorite Emu on
Gp32. ;)
I was an amiga 500 owner , and a lot of amiga games were on st too. :lol:
So i'm very please to play my old games like super cars 2, moreover your
emu is Woonderfuuul!!!!!!!
I think we can't hope an emu works much better than yours.

so THANK YOU for your work.

i'm using the 13.0 release which is the best i think.I'm a little disapointed because
there's not a lot of people who fill the compatibility list. :(

now few question:

-Do you plan to post another release?
-if yes when?
-I know for somes gamma correction sucks do you plan to make a better gamma correction?

thanks again for your works!!!

bye :p

ps: sorry for my english

There might be another releae if I get some new goods to put in it :) Time is tight as ever, but I am looking into some emualtion core fixes that may help a few games work better, and that if done will go into both GP32 and Palm OS versions for sure..

We'll see :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Dec 29 2003 said:
There might be another releae if I get some new goods to put in it :) Time is tight as ever, but I am looking into some emualtion core fixes that may help a few games work better, and that if done will go into both GP32 and Palm OS versions for sure..

We'll see :)

jeff
Jeff,

If that's not a hint that Sensible Soccer will work then what is?!?!?! ;)

You can have one of these if you do make it work! A tee I designed that is being sold in the UK.
medium.jpg

http://bsimerch.com/joystickjunkies/

cheers!
matt

Maybe woul be a great feeback:

Play games in full screen, and the keyboard will be flotaing like fmxs emu (also a nice emu) ;)

Add an option to auto change to joystick mode when you load a st file y a game

Thanks for you fantastic emu,

*Dc*hardcoregamez posted on Mar 30 2004 said:
Skeezix id take a GBA in the chest for you
Hahah - classic! That's made my day.

matt

screw that shoot a virtual boy at him I'LL TAKE IT!

SO THAT HE MAY LIVE AND MAKE MORE GODFULL EMUS AND WHATNOT

thats right i said virtual boy :blink:

woah too muc sugar :blink: :blink: :blink:

I think another cool addition would be to have the ability to run .PRG files directly. This way it doesn't need to be on a disk image to run games that have been cmpressed to one file etc. The way it could work is that a separate directory could be created exclusively for .PRG files and any data files to that .PRG would be there also. The ST would treat it like one huge floppy or a hard disk.

This way you can put only the games you like in there to save space on the card.

The C64 and Atari 400/800 emus allow individual games to be run. I think it would be great for ST too.

One thing that interests me is whilst moron is much less compatible than CaSTaway for games, its Sound sampling is better.

Is there any way to try and use its sources for this aspect at all?A hybrid between the two would make the perfect open source ST emulator.

(Although saying that, I wrote to the Steem authors recently who said they would make it open source at some point in the future)

Antiriad posted on Sep 24 2004 said:
One thing that interests me is whilst moron is much less compatible than CaSTaway for games, its Sound sampling is better.

Is there any way to try and use its sources for this aspect at all?A hybrid between the two would make the perfect open source ST emulator.

(Although saying that, I wrote to the Steem authors recently who said they would make it open source at some point in the future)

I think Skeezix has done alot of "magic" to the original CaSTaway code to get it to run so well on the GP32 as it was kind of a "labour of love".

Porting another PC based emu to run well would be a task of monumental proportions for someone at this point I think. Case in point, what ever happened to that Hatari GP32 port that was supposed to be out "any day". Most likely found it to be much too much work to get it to run well and gave up.

Back