CaSTaway GP feedback

And what about bottom border support for games and menu scrollers?

and of course Sensible Software compatability

xav posted on May 15 2003 said:
Well, now that we've got save states (thank you so much Skeezix, it really makes it practical to just have a quick blast of Xenon 2 every now and then, without having to wait for it to decompress), my next vote would also be for L=Keyboard. I'm sure it would also make it much easier to play Dungeon Master ;)
*g*

DM doesn't use a keyboard; it has an onscreen keyboard when you need one :)

OKay, I'll add left-shoulder for keyboard toggle or something, for 9.2?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Actually, could you make it a toggle between Keyboard & joystick ?
So this way we could get access to all control methods easily & you could finally clear up the menu...
Thanks,

Loic

9.2 is tres sweet -- right shoudler toggles cursor/mouse in mouse/cursor modes; left shoudler toggles current mode and keyboard mode in all modes, and select toggles current mode and frameskip, in all modes. Pretty darned flexible.

Now if you left-shoudler into keyboard, then select into frameskip, then hit left-shoudler, your'e on your own ;)

jeff

Now if you left-shoudler into keyboard, then select into frameskip, then hit left-shoudler, your'e on your own

did you know that this was a problem for the last few versions? if in keyboard mode i noticed if you pressed SELECT for framskip, pressing SELECT again never did take you back to keyboard, which is the same as it does now :p

Atari ST logos are needed in this emu,

I love that logo and would love to see it on the emulator in as many places as possible :)

Ooh hows about a 3d spinning logo in the corner like a tv channel ;)

Avigrace posted on May 15 2003 said:
Atari ST logos are needed in this emu,

I love that logo and would love to see it on the emulator in as many places as possible :)

Ooh hows about a 3d spinning logo in the corner like a tv channel ;)
Thats a cool idea; make a 3d rotating fuji in *CAD3D* on an ST ;)

I'm working on a splashscreen.. I've also got a graphic artist pal of mine working on some stuff.. we'll see if he come sup with anything.

MY own idea is a plasma background that fades into deep ruby red opr purple, then fades out to black again, then the normal text splash screen. But on top of the ruby plasma is a fuji logo in all black that never changes colour.. or maybe it just alpha blends the plasma.. the idea being the plasma fadesd in and out again, but theres a hint of fuji logo on it.. but not a fuji logo per se.. just a blended pressed image or something.

But I've passed some cool ideas to my pal to try.. I have n'op art skills, but hes got mad skills in photoshop, so if he can pull off what I hopem it'd rocvk. But we'll see :)

Couple days hopefully :)

jeff

Here we go again:
- Mouse fix (since you asked me to bug you regularly)
- gamma control
- extra keys to the keyboard (*, shift, /, +, -)
- adjustable control sensitivity
That should do it for today...
Thanks & keep up the good work,

Loic

greater compatability fot the emu core (sensi soccer)
optimisation for a speed boost!

I agree with Idantelles (sp?) in these 2 things, that need ALOT of attention (everything else I don't really care about):

-Mouse bug fix (had an idea in mouse calaboration topic, but you will prolly have already thought of that and found it impossible :p)
-The control sensetivity (at least slowed down)

Here is another outstanding issue:notice how the bottom TV border is used in some games, but is not displayed in CaSTaway. The emulation need to support access to the bottom TV border. AFAIK this was done using some refresh rate hacking on the ST.

CaSTaway/GP
Pang-CW.png

Original ST
Pang-ST.png

Obviously in Pang this is slightly annoying as you cannot see your vital statistics. :(

An emulator that supports it is http://steem.atari.org

I dunno if this happens to everybody but the FLU GP32 is too bright, so maybe the gamma menu could add an option to lower it.

Actually, Pang-wise, I played it recently, and found that it did display lives on my ver... just nothing else. Perhaps the Pompey Pirates had hacked it to pieces or something (or maybe I'm just imaginging it... I'm pretty certain though...)

Tobriand posted on May 25 2003 said:
Actually, Pang-wise, I played it recently, and found that it did display lives on my ver... just nothing else. Perhaps the Pompey Pirates had hacked it to pieces or something (or maybe I'm just imaginging it... I'm pretty certain though...)
It displayed lives in CaSTaway/GP? What cracked version are you using.

Made a mistake... not sure how I managed to imagine them there though since I distintly remember seeing a little line of men that looked exactly like that... Oh well. Border emulation hopingness.

Course, could be that I've got more than one ver on my SMC and I checked the wrong one, but prolly not...

:D castaway is really great skeezix :D u did some amazing work. I never knew atari ST was such a good console. and updates so frequently, you are a god. your work on castaway is great have you ever thought of making another emulator? :huh:

*Dc*hardcoregamez posted on May 31 2003 said:
:D castaway is really great skeezix :D u did some amazing work. I never knew atari ST was such a good console. and updates so frequently, you are a god. your work on castaway is great have you ever thought of making another emulator? :huh:
Hey thanks :) Glad you're enjoying it, and discovering the mighty ST :)

I have developed many emulations over the years; I've written an Infocom (Zmachine) emulation, worked on ports of MAgnetic (Magnetic Scrolls emulation), written 40 or 50 arcade emulations, worked on a NES emulation, wrote my own Atari TOS emulator (for running my ST BBS in, worlds only online Atari ST bbs :), worked on STonX, and of course a lot of work on Castway/GP, some Atari 2600 emulation work.. piles of others. I've done my time :)

jeff

Back