Castaway 144mhz

look

N/A
Website
www.deardenboys.co.uk
I'm one of the unlucky few who cant overclock much.

After playing DrMd I'm finding I can get away with 144Mhz

Any chance of a 144 version of Castaway?

or are there any plans to update Castaway as I find it still slows when playing games with sound.

I'm not having a go here. it is a truly great emulator and always present on my SMC

that would be handy for me as well (for the same reason).

I play castaway alot so squeezing a little more out of the gp would be a bonus.

hmm, what happened to the castaway forum? seems to have slipped into the abyss....

I would like it if castaway remembered the clock speed for next time, if you're lucky - skeezix will be listening ;)

@look

You can select the speed of Castaway in dedicated menu. Dont have my GP here, but it's something like User config, Select Clock Speed. So there is no need of dedicated 144 Version :)

But to be honest, after DrMD release my Castaway is collecting virtual dust on my SMC :eek:

EDIT: Ooops I got it ... there is not so fluid speed selection like in DrMD. Just 133/150/160/166 or something. Ok then ... you can forget my post.

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 02:02 PM said:
@look

You can select the speed of Castaway in dedicated menu. Dont have my GP here, but it's something like User config, Select Clock Speed. So there is no need of dedicated 144 Version :)

But to be honest, after DrMD release my Castaway is collecting virtual dust on my SMC :eek:

EDIT: Ooops I got it ... there is not so fluid speed selection like in DrMD. Just 133/150/160/166 or something. Ok then ... you can forget my post.

there is if your GP32 dies at 150 or over

edit : - just saw your edit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe time for a voltage mod.

Whats your favorite Atari St game, I tried a few, but didn't find anything that wowed me.

try

international karate plus
jimmy whites whirlwind snooker
barbarian (the palace version)
emlyn huges international soccer
Exile

thems my favorites and they rules

Has anyone got Archer Macleans Pool to work? It plays on mine, but resets at random points, wondered if I have a faulty disk image or if it is a known problem...

Stunt Car Racer is great on CaSTaway, you have to try that one.

®

I can play JWWS but other 3D games are too slow without being able to overclock.

I used to love stunt car racer geoff crammond is a god.

Has anyone played metrocross on castaway. Its really good fun but slows down with music.

Time is super crampy, but if someone digs up the settings for 144 to the GpClock type function, I can add it in and see how it goes; I also forget if the clcok is settablein the config files; CaSTaway/GP has a cool config file system, so if speedis one of the vars, you could set it in the config file or have iot loadable by a button press etc.

jeff

Hopefully things will calm down a little after Xmas.. right now its crazy. Still buying presents too ;)

look posted on Dec 21 2004 at 12:04 PM said:
I'm one of the unlucky few who cant overclock much.

After playing DrMd I'm finding I can get away with 144Mhz

Any chance of a 144 version of Castaway?

or are there any plans to update Castaway as I find it still slows when playing games with sound.

I'm not having a go here. it is a truly great emulator and always present on my SMC

DrMD uses the ASM core Cyclone. CaSTaway is in "c" so that is why it is slower. I think Skeezix said that the Cyclone core doesn't work with Castaway because of the cyclone bug :(

Who knows what the new year might bring.

I noticed Fdave posted on the forum recently.

Maybe he and Reesy can get there heads together and iron out these cyclone bugs.

mth411 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 03:40 PM said:
Whats your favorite Atari St game, I tried a few, but didn't find anything that wowed me.
Magic pockets & gods are really cool bitmap brothers games
Harlequin is a pretty fun platformer, but slows quite a lot
if you want to play some "REAL" rpg's then try Dungeonmaster & CSB (downloadable from skeezix's site) or Captive

look posted on Dec 21 2004 at 03:48 PM said:
international karate plus
jimmy whites whirlwind snooker
barbarian (the palace version)
emlyn huges international soccer
Exile

thems my favorites and they rules
have you got exile to work properly? mine has loads of crap artifacts on the screen

look posted on Dec 21 2004 at 04:25 PM said:
I used to love stunt car racer geoff crammond is a god.
I love that game, hmm I wonder if F1GP would run ok.... that would be pretty cool.

I got exile working its tricky to remember the keys. Think I have a txt file with em somewhere

f1gp does work too. It takes some loading but you can use a save state once its loaded

hmm it's been a while since I tried it but I remember that both the C64 and ST versions were buggy, I'll have to give it another go ;) ;) as for the keys, castaway has great button config features so it shouldn't be hard to make a decent key mapping file for it

I played it for a bit.

There is a pre loader info screen (in hi res) with details of how to get past the in game protection. Thats once you get past the space monkeys :)

ideally a save state after that point would speed up play.

? are save states illegal/wrong if portable ?

:eek:

Back