Cartoons

What most people don't know about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors is that it was actually based on an obscure toy-line (simply named "The Wheeled Warriors" - the characters in the show were all unique to the show, and really nothing to do with the toys).

They were going to make a movie to tie up the loose ends, but the series was axed due to sales of the non-advertised toy-line that almost nobody had ever heard of, and thus the movie was not to be.
This must have been kept very secret as i never heard anything about the toyline and i watched jayce and the wheeled warriors for a long time as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
This must have been kept very secret as i never heard anything about the toyline and i watched jayce and the wheeled warriors for a long time as a kid.
Like I said, the show was better-known than the toy-line - and let's be honest, the show itself is a little bit obscure, itself. :lol: Of course, it could well be that the toys were so obscure that they never made it to our shores in the first place, either...

Incidentally Pinkie and the Brain is a superbly witty show also with some hilarious stuff.Its available in region one dvd only i believe.
It was only a shame that they split it out of Animaniacs and then added Elmyra from the godawful Tiny Toon Adventures to it. :(

Yeah id say its likely the toys never did make it to our shores.I forgot about elmyra she was a bizarre choice of character.I think they were trying to create a sort of annoying foil to the brain.not their best idea.

I guess alot of these Cartoons were built around a Toy Line, Ring Raiders anyone? ;)

LOL i was thinking about ring raiders the other day, not because of the cartoon but because of the toy rings with plains on them, I was also thinking about other toys too like manta force... anyone remember them?

Here's an interesting one - Squirrel and Hedgehog.

It's a (somewhat propaganda-ish) cartoon from North Korea, with production quality that, even on the episodes from the 1970s (I gather that it started in 1977), puts current TV animation from the likes of Disney et al to shame.

In spite of its somewhat scary apparent purpose, it is still quite entertaining, and clearly well-made. If you're interested in animation at all, it's definitely worth a look due to how unusual it is.

Why oh why is this not a real thing?
Is this "fake"?

Here's an interesting one - Squirrel and Hedgehog.

It's a (somewhat propaganda-ish) cartoon from North Korea, with production quality that, even on the episodes from the 1970s (I gather that it started in 1977), puts current TV animation from the likes of Disney et al to shame.

In spite of its somewhat scary apparent purpose, it is still quite entertaining, and clearly well-made. If you're interested in animation at all, it's definitely worth a look due to how unusual it is.
Interesting, never heared of this before. Animation Quality looks pretty good but I better don't ask about the storyline. :D

In former GDR, we also had some kind of Russian Version of Tom and Jerry in TV, called "Hase und Wolf", translated "Rabbit and Wolf" or in Original "Nu, pogodi!" russian "Ну, погоди!" ("You Just Wait!")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu,_pogodi!

It was not that bad but I prefer Tom and Jerry over it. :D (And Roadrunner & Coyote over all! ^^ )

Apparently Kim Jong Il has long been a big fan of Daffy Duck. No Joke.

Then i dont think he would appreciate the old Captain america cartoon. i loved this as a kid.
That even ran in germany, along with the old Iron Man Cartoon. But I didn't liked these because it mainly was an poor animated Comic book instead of a "real" animated cartoon. There were better Cartoons about Marvel Heroes. ^^

BAM!!!!

captain planet :D
Yupp. :D

count duckula
Weird but Funny! :)

This was a brithish show when I remember correctly. And There also was another british Cult-Cartoon: DANGER MOUSE!!! B)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wv43hKSzBws?feature=oembed

Back