Cartoons

The Original Japanese Version of YuGiOh is afaik not that bad but the westernized crap has actualy nothing to do anymore with this. THey changed the entire Series completely.

Good Cartoons are rare those days, especialy when you don't count the Animes. I enjoy new Thundercats at the Moment, not only because of Cheetara... :rolleyes: Avatar was a great show too but the best Cartoons are from the 80.s and 90.s. Batman Animated or Gargoyles were also pretty popular here in Germany. Especialy Gargoyles was great, pretty dark tone for a Disney Production. And yes, of course I found Elisa Maza hot... :D

Just got done porting Celtx and happened to find myself here somehow. :D I don't care, since I like cartoons! I've enjoyed YuGiOh and Pokemon when younger along with many of the older cartoons my dad has introduced to me in my past.(classic bug's bunny fare along with slapstick Asterix and Obelix )

I still enjoy cartoons, but worthwhile ones are a bit harder to find today. I've watched Avatar and Wakfu...but I am somehow being held mentally captive by ponies. (Sorry for the pony spam,for those it bothers, on that tutorial I wrote a few days back..after a lot of frustration, ponies make everything better.)

Speaking of ponies...

rainbowdash-pandora-small.png

I think I've made myself an avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of risque, a lot of cartoons got away with murder - I remember an episode of EEK! The Cat in which they visit a theme park, and one of the attractions is a "shaven weasel petting zoo"!

I'm still surprised the cartoon Cow and Chicken was allowed to be broadcast.

The beginning of the theme song:

Mama had a Chicken

Mama had a Cow

Dad was proud he didn't care how
Their grandfather was a human and their grandmother was a chicken. Not an anthropomorphic chicken like the title character, this was just a regular chicken.

The whole show was filled with innuendo.

Hmm, I need to find the seasons 3-4 dvd of Duckman, I've only got seasons 1-2.

One of my favourites: Home Movies

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EF4FGHflvHQ?feature=oembed

Oohh, duckman! I have no idea how far I've watched it. Maybe I'll pick it up again once I've figured that out.

+1 for Home Movies - The episodes in which they have to mind a Cat and it ends up catching Rabies, and the ones where Coach McGurk signs up for a sleep deprivation study / the one where he ends up living wild escaping from a male bonding camp - all hysterical.

Also -

Squidbillies. Just brilliant. The latest season is underway, Earl's turn as a Rush-Limbaugh type radio host must be seen!

Extra special mention for the episode from the previous season too, where Van Halen, the local bazillionaire megalomaniac (voiced in the style of Orson Welles) has a super collider built so that he can create a black hole to dispose of a dead hooker in. And his Mother. The advert he runs to convince the townspeople to accept his plan is essential viewing.

Edit:

How could I forget, Harvey Birdman. If you can even vaguely remember the 1970s, many of your childhood Hanna-Barbera favourites brought back for some grown up legal disputes. Shaggy & Scooby getting busted for weed. Droopy suing for plastic surgery gone wrong leaving him with a permanent smile. The Flintstones intro reworked in the style of the Sopranos.

Oh, and "The Venture Brothers". New season soon. The "Captain Sunshine" episode (Michael Jackson parody) stands out. Great stuff

These Littly Ponnys seems to be already an Internet driven cult huh? :D I see mature males with My Little Pony Sigs and Avatars, there is an gigantic MLP Thread in the Minecraft Forums etc... I've seen one Episode - just for scientific studies of course- and the Series is OK. A little bit in the cool Powerpuff Girls direction but nothing that mature male people should put in their Avatars. :rolleyes:

Whate else? Ah, Cow & Chicken. Ages ago, I watched this in the english original on Cartoon Network, this channel was once free available over Sattelite in germany. There also was "Dexters Lab" and "Johnny Bravo" of course. B)

"huh" "hah" "huh" "uber mass" lol johny bravo i remember that, and dextors lab was awsome!

also a cartoon called "aaaargh real monsters" there was a snes game of that too.

They wanted to make a Johnny Bravo Live Action Film with The Rock in the Title Role. :lol: Sadly, this never happend, I really would've watched it. ^^

However, htere were a gazillion good Cartoons back then, Saturday morning on RTL and Sat1 Television was the date of choice in Germany, with Turtles, X-Men, Thundercats, Silverhawks & Co. And do someone remember C.O.P.S.?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fxQagE62_zI?feature=oembed

The german Version of Samurai Pizza Cats was also based on the US Version. We even had the same Intro, just translated. Really funny Show but pretty different of the japanese Original (like so often):

youtube.com/watch?v=DFv2z4qR9eY

Not to forget, we also had CAPTAIN FUTURE, pretty unknown in USA I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UQ8H2csE9bU?feature=oembed
I really recommend the german Soundtrack of that Anime, these Electro Tunes are great. ^^

Trivia: the "Captain Future" Voice Over from the intro was spoken by the german dub voice of Captain Kirk. :D

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors :)
Someone other than me who remembers Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors! Wow! :lol:

What a great show that was. I have the opening and ending themes on my Pandora. :D

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors :)
Someone other than me who remembers Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors! Wow! :lol:

What a great show that was. I have the opening and ending themes on my Pandora. :D
yep used to watch it on saturday mornings a at 11am. it was good.but he always seemed to just miss meeting his father as this was the premise of the show it got a bit tiresome with the father always one step ahead of him.Still i was a fan

What most people don't know about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors is that it was actually based on an obscure toy-line (simply named "The Wheeled Warriors" - the characters in the show were all unique to the show, and really nothing to do with the toys).

They were going to make a movie to tie up the loose ends, but the series was axed due to sales of the non-advertised toy-line that almost nobody had ever heard of, and thus the movie was not to be.

These Littly Ponnys seems to be already an Internet driven cult huh? :D I see mature males with My Little Pony Sigs and Avatars, there is an gigantic MLP Thread in the Minecraft Forums etc... I've seen one Episode - just for scientific studies of course- and the Series is OK. A little bit in the cool Powerpuff Girls direction but nothing that mature male people should put in their Avatars. :rolleyes:

Whate else? Ah, Cow & Chicken. Ages ago, I watched this in the english original on Cartoon Network, this channel was once free available over Sattelite in germany. There also was "Dexters Lab" and "Johnny Bravo" of course. B)

Way to be sexist. All grown men should be X and not Y? For what reason? Because we're conditioned to be one way or another? I have no opinion on MLP but that's a closeminded statement and it irks me when people expect men to be all guns and blood and muscle and women to be rainbows and flowers and glitter. If we're supposed to be adults, we should have better classifications for what makes men men and women women. (Protip: It's mostly morphological)

</soapbox>

My favorite cartoons are mostly forgotten by today's networks. A lot of Toon Disney stuff, Looney Tunes, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. It sucks... I remember when Nickelodeon and Disney were all about the cartoons. Now they're filled with kids whose parents got them acting jobs and have their own shows. I can't believe people watch that stuff, too. *sigh*

The only place you'll find good animation anymore is Japan.

I remember when Nickelodeon and Disney were all about the cartoons. Now they're filled with kids whose parents got them acting jobs and have their own shows. I can't believe people watch that stuff, too. *sigh*

The only place you'll find good animation anymore is Japan.
Ooh, don't get me started on Disney and their television animation. :(

Over here, The Disney Channel used to be a channel that you had to pay extra to get if you were a satellite or cable television subscriber. The content used to be top-notch, and they showed everything good you would expect of them, with next to no filler or junk - and they also only re-ran movies a certain number of times, and then they were put away (similar to their manufacturing policy for home video), to avoid oversaturation. They eventually made it a non-extra channel to much fanfare, and still showed good stuff for a while.

Then, eventually, they started shuffling all of the good stuff that people actually wanted to watch (such as all of their 80s, 90s, and 00s TV animation, and a proper Disney movie, usually animated, every Thursday) off to their companion channels (Disney Cinemagic, etc.) which were and still are channels that you have to pay extra for. Soon enough, the only stuff left on the non-paid-extra Disney Channel was live-action tat starring annoying children whose rich parents got them acting gigs, and poor-quality TV animation like Phineas & Ferb. All of the stuff anyone actually associates with Disney is on the pay-extra channels.

It only got worse when one of the filler made-for-TV live-action movies (specifically, High School Musical) that they were pouring onto their main channel became an accidentaly break-out hit, of course, because it spawned a ton of sequels and a ton of in-house rip-off wannabes as well (much in the same vein that Hanna-Barbera kept ripping off its own format with all of its shows that aped Scooby-Doo).

Back