Your Favourite Cartoons..?

I loved Droopy, Yogi Bear, the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Wally Gator, … mostly really old Hanna-Barbera & Tex Avery cartoons.
You should check out Harvey Birdman if you haven't already!

I have the full set of DVDs that were released, the series parodies almost all your favourite Hanna Barbera characters, as they launch various legal actions. Droopy sues a plastic surgeon who has left him with a permanent smile, The Jetsons come back in time and sue the world for causing global warming that has left their future underwater. If you're old enough to remember, there's a great one with "The Valley of the Dinosaurs" - where Dick Cheney pops up in a hunting party! Many of the original voice actors (or near-perfect imitators) play the original roles.

Look also for the Flinstones episode, which has a terrific "Sopranos" opening titles bit!

If you liked Yogi Bear (who pops up in Harvey Birdman too), have you seen John K of Ren & Stimpy fame's "Ranger Smith"?

Not for the kids though, strictly for the nostalgic adults!

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthworm Jim! If it is possible to get hold of that anywhere anymore. Totally, completely, wonderfully weird.

The Smurfs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 but also 2012 is awesome), Winnie the Pooh as well as Flintstones are my favorites.. Maybe early pokémon.

Lot of classics in this thread.. here's another one I liked as a kid, Eek! the Cat.

The Banana Splits (it featured several cartoon series each time, and as a kid I would have killed for one of those buggies in the intro)

The Hair Bear Bunch

The Pink Panther show

When I was very young, I also enjoyed "Danger Mouse", british cartoon about an Super Secret Mouse Agent and it's coward companion Penfold ("Lübke" in german version which also lead to the cult classic line "Lübke, Schnauze!" :lol:   )

Then there also remember  "Hong Kong Phooey" ages ago, never seen it again since over 25 years.

Roger Ramjet.

Full of fantastic one-liners, top writers and voice actors behind it.

"What are you building?"

"A Time Machine!"

"A Time Machine? Why don't you get a wristwatch like everybody else?"

Rocky & Bullwinkle - especially for the Dudley Do-Right and Fractured Fairytales episodes that featured in each show.

Happy Tree Friends is great. I got the dvd... probably the most annoying theme tune ever though

Keep this thread active I'd say. Is the original one.
K

9w8s4.jpg

Captain Caveman is another old classic, not watched that in years, wonder if it's on the old netflix...

A few months ago I was watching some cartoon channel with my daughter when this Yosemite Sam short came on... it made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l99fBgyHQc

Whatever you do, however, avoid the original He-Man, Transformers, and Voltron
Hmmm, what was I thinking? I remember rewatching Transformers and it was pretty good. Extremely cheesy and very childish of course, but not a terrible show. Especially when the Decepticons got "drunk" and Megatron was all "dudes, I can totally take on the Autobots single handedly, don't think I can't!"I stand by my statement on Voltron though. Painful to watch.

I'll just leave these here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5iHxYEirUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyPo9L1uxIQ

I don't remember Voltron ever airing over here in UK, but original Transformers I can still sit through no problem :)

Wee Man was jokes, I remember that from Round The Bend. Quality

Oh, damn.  I posted in the wrong thread.

Edit:  Now I need to respond to the discussion here.

Back