Care Center Or Store - Where To Get My Wiz Repaired

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Hi all, I've been away for a couple months, mostly out of boredom of reading the same topics here again and again :p

Anyway, I've got a burnt out wiz with pixel plague. I was waiting for the right time (actually the moment I'd both remember to do it and have cash for the postage) to return it to adictron.com/chollogames, but they are going out of business. So I'm still covered by the warranty, right? Even if I send it to the care center in germany? And the address was? Also, any chance of getting a Caanoo as a replacement? :)

If I get it repaired I might get some more use out of it, because my main gripe has been switching the audio between the phone and the wiz, which was annoying with corded headsets, but with bluetooth an impossiblity. But since my bt headset broke, I've researched a bit and noticed that you can buy a miccus blubridge, which is an 3.5mm->bt transmitter and a jabra halo, which is a multipoint bt headset. Multipoint meaning that it can pair with multiple devices at the same time, theoretically allowing you to keep receiving calls on the phone and playing games on the wiz at the same time. Or swapping between watching a movie on the wiz to listening to music on the phone. I thought I'd let you know since for me this is a big deal. :)

(copy-paste from another post)

Polytech & Net GmbH
Address: Ober der Roeth 4,65824 Schwalbach, Germany
Main: 49-6196-652-0049
Fax: 49-6196-95-26-1
ATTN: Ms. Lee
E-Mail: as-europe@gp2x.com
HomePage: www.ptn-global.com

klikklak said:
Thanks, that was just the info I wanted.

You're welcome ^^
They're also very friendly

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they were friendly alright. However the wiz only had a year long warranty >.< So it'd cost me 50€ or so to get it fixed. I'll consider the caanoo at some point I suppose. But I really need multipoint bluetooth first, as I can't be bothered with swapping around cables.

klikklak said:
Yeah, they were friendly alright. However the wiz only had a year long warranty >.< So it'd cost me 50€ or so to get it fixed. I'll consider the caanoo at some point I suppose. But I really need multipoint bluetooth first, as I can't be bothered with swapping around cables.

Ouch.
That's bad news.......sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I right in thinking that when my Wiz eventually contracts the pixel plague, these guys are able to replace the screen? I don't mind paying the $50, the screen quality and controls make that worth paying over getting a Caanoo.

Hope they stick around for a while - is the Wiz screen a fairly generic one that's perhaps found in phones, and so is easy to source and replace?

Back