• Craig's Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Mk2 Cap

• Own or other mod

• Total voters

WrongEyedJesus

Now with a range on offer I thought it might be a good idea to get a snapshot of people's preferences. Not only out of interest but as info for people considering their options....

The MK1 cap wasn't very nice, although I put up with it until I saw the MK2 cap thing, so I bought one of those. It's far better than the MK1 and I won't even bother looking at others.

WrongEyedJesus posted on May 29 2006 at 01:59 AM said:
Now with a range on offer I thought it might be a good idea to get a snapshot of people's preferences. Not only out of interest but as info for people considering their options....
Who cares about the cap, it only matters as long as the joystick lasts, and the joystick is a piece of crap. I am serious, read the product brief on the joystick, it is not designed for gaming.

When your joystick (those bits of metal and plastic you shove the cap onto) dies, what do you plan on doing?

If it is sending it back for another crap joystick to be soldered in then you are SOL.

In order of best to worst, a poll really doesn't help me here ;):

1) Radek's circuit with Ngage QD or GameCube D-Pad mod: Closer To The Final Replacement Of Stick

2) DaveC's Cap

3) Craig's Cap

4) MK II Stock Cap

5) Modified N64 cap

6) Modified Interact PS1 cap

;) A herring

:eek: 2 halves of coconuts

:blink: An African Swallow

:ph34r: A European Swallow

:lol: A Demised Parrot!!

7) MK I stock cap :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel that craigs cap is the best so far. I haven't tried the new MKII cap, though (me having an MKI).
the craig-cap sticks out more, making it easier to push it left/right. Sure, it looks cheap, but it plays better than DaveCs cap, which looks better but doesn't play as well

Lettuce Dude posted on May 29 2006 at 10:02 AM said:
Alvin posted on May 29 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
MK1 Cap, because I haven't tried any others!

Same.

See above, source herring, revel in awesome control of Ecco the dolphin emulator until he eats the herring. :)

or just get a deceased parrot and play until he crosses over to the other side. :D

You need to do something about your cap though, it is really bad.

Horscht posted on May 29 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
i feel that craigs cap is the best so far. I haven't tried the new MKII cap, though (me having an MKI).
the craig-cap sticks out more, making it easier to push it left/right. Sure, it looks cheap, but it plays better than DaveCs cap, which looks better but doesn't play as well

You could always pull out the cap more on any of them. Being longer makes the throw distance and dead zone worse though making the control sloppier and less precise.

DaveC's is by far the best I've tried. My only quip was that I couldn't hit left/right well, but a piece of paper in the hole soon sorted that.

I've only tried the new mk2 (with 'gp2x' written on it). I just noticed today that for left/right/up movements I use the pad of my thumb, but to pull down I have to use the tip, just noticed I'm developing a callus on my thumb tip with is :/
Anyone else notice this, or am I just crap at using a joystick :)

Godmil posted on May 29 2006 at 09:54 PM said:
I've only tried the new mk2 (with 'gp2x' written on it). I just noticed today that for left/right/up movements I use the pad of my thumb, but to pull down I have to use the tip, just noticed I'm developing a callus on my thumb tip with is :/
Anyone else notice this, or am I just crap at using a joystick :)
Thats not the mk2 cap, it is the craigx one.

I have tried them all and DaveC's is the best imo.

DaveC's (only tried that and the original)

Though as nubie said..it doesnt matter when the joystick component itself is a piece of shit. Mines broken and i've only had it since December, and had to send it back to be fixed/whatever they will do to it. How long before the fixed one breaks, another few months?...

Back