Can't save my game in ScummVM!

Rambozo

Does it just simply NOT support saving yet, or is something wrong with my copy? Every few minutes it says "failed to save GP32\GPMM\monkey1\monkeysvga.sav" or something similar, and I cannot seem to save the game manually using the menu either.

Am I missing something? Why doesn't it let me save my game?

The disk version of Monekey Island won't saves because the save names are too long.

There is a fix but it involves a hex editor and is too complex for me too explain, hopefully somone useful will reply soon!

Otherwise just wait for the next release , find the CD version or play a different game.

..i posted a patch-your-self thread here,but it seems to have vanished.
now i dont feel like retyping it <g>

shortly: seek for "monkeyvga" in the .fxe and overwrite (not insert!) "a" with a null-char,
ascii code 0x0000 (not the digit zero '0' !)

hope that helps
ph0x

Not sure I understand...is the "a" is quotes when I put it in there? What's a null-char?

Search for monkeyvga using a hex editor. You'll find it, and overwrite the 'a' of it (without quotes) with nothing. To do this, look for the 'a', then go to the other column which is full of hex, and replace the number there (I believe it's 65) with 00. That's the null char. The text should now read 'monkeyvg ' but actually there is no space there, it's nothing. As a result your save games are saved and loaded as monkeyvg.s01 or something, else 9 chars would be too many for the GP32 to understand.

Back