Save-game

Farmer

Still Fresh
Wonderful emulator, I just miss the save-game functionality . . press 'save' and it says 'saving hibernate' or something, but there's no load option, nor does the game list indicate that there's been a save.

Anything I'm doing wrong or do saves just not work yet?

this is the gpengine forum :D

no save state implemented yet (and no one knows if it ever will be)

actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the save state is implemented (it's not lying when it says save hibernate or whatever), all that needs to be made is.... a way to load the saved states.... not much left to do then (I think) so it can't be too long before that comes out (I hope) Bomberman 94 is... da BOMB, but I always give up after doing the first world over again for the gijillionzilieth time... otherwise a great emu, afterburner is always a lot of fun straight from the beginning.

nufu posted on Apr 19 2003 said:
no save state implemented yet (and no one knows if it ever will be)
Why? I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it could be that hard. GPengine is a kickass emulator already, but this extra feature would make it perfect...

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone put the save-game feature into GPengine, I would be more than happy to donate. I'm sure others probably would too.

I don't even have my GP32 yet and I would donate a few bucks if it could have savestates and maybe be optimized more etc. Is anything else missing from it besides some compatability and savestates?

I hope it has autofires for each button too? Cuz that was part of the real pads and some games really needed that.

Nutzo posted on Apr 29 2003 said:
I don't even have my GP32 yet and I would donate a few bucks if it could have savestates and maybe be optimized more etc. Is anything else missing from it besides some compatability and savestates?

I hope it has autofires for each button too? Cuz that was part of the real pads and some games really needed that.
correct me if i'm wrong, but the only compatability missing is SuperGFX - which was mainly used on CD based games, which would be too buig for an SMC anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are totally wrong. The SGX was an basically an updated PCE that used hucards. It had better graphics abilities and that was all. No CD games were made for it. There were only around 6 SGX games ever made, but they were pretty good games.

GPengine could do them, but they are more demanding graphically - basically they had dual scrolling playfields and twice as many sprites as the old PCE hardware. Probably not that taxing for the GP32 tho.

I don't think it's got Auto-Fire :(

If it does and I haven't figured it out PLEASE PM me!!!

Back