Scumm-thing's bothering me...

i don't suppose if anyone knows if the obscenely large (80meg) the dig works on it? i'm too lazy to start making room on my smc - that would mean ditching ace pc engine games!

qwerty posted on Mar 22 2003 said:
i don't suppose if anyone knows if the obscenely large (80meg) the dig works on it? i'm too lazy to start making room on my smc - that would mean ditching ace pc engine games!
Well, the short answer is 'no'.

The long answer is 'noooooooo'

Which is a shame. Starts off well, but hung during one animation in particular.

ho hum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've been pottering around with different versions (CD, Floppy) of the games I have... and have pretty much got all of the games to state where I can play them through. One thing that's niggling me though is Monkey Island 2...

I've managed to dig it out on floppy (I also discovered that I still have my Amiga version... all 11 disks!), and all seems well apart from one thing - juddering. Now, I'm pretty sure this is the GP struggling with handling both the music and the graphics at the same time, so I assume that turning off the music should make the game run smoother? Only problem is - I can't turn off the music! I've tried setting the music to "none" in GPScumm, and I've also tried holding down select as it starts and setting it to [-enull]. However the game still insists of playing music... Are there some files I can delete that will stop the game finding/playing the music? And will this make the game run smoother?

Thanks in advance!

:D

hi AJ_23

due to a bug in the last version (actually its not a bug but i forgot to uncomment a line in the source =)
setting the music driver in the prescumm menu will not have any effect, the game will still use -eadlib.
will fix that in the next release, which should be comming soon.
until then you can fix that yet with another hack :)

Hack:
with a hex editor seek for
-eadlib
and OVERWRITE (NOT insert!) with
-enull
IMPORTANT: after the second 'l' put a NULL-CHAR (ascii code: 0x0000).
that is - overwrite '-eadli' with '-enull' and 'b' with a nullchar.

that should do :)

ph0x

Back