Release Cannonball - The Enhanced C++ Outrun Engine

New release on the repo.

In sync with latest version 0.17, I hacked the analog controls.

They are currently Hardwired "GranTurismo style", with steering on left nub and gaz/brake on right nub. I also deactivated the "setup gamepad" menu, because without joystick button, you cannot validate anything, plus both nubs are differents joysticks, and Cannonball works only with the first one.

Enjoy more precision in driving !

• Analog controls ! Activate them in the setup menu. They are currently hardwired to Wheel on left Nub and Accelerator/Brake on right Nub.

Great.

I noticed in the previous versions that the custom audio doesn't work. Wonder if it's ok now.

I also noticed some strange slowdowns after some endings, and partial clouds at stage 3 left side.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to compile on my PC (and anyway slowdowns will not be noticeable).

I also noticed some strange slowdowns after some endings, and partial clouds at stage 3 left side.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to compile on my PC (and anyway slowdowns will not be noticeable).
Partial clouds are a side effect of Widescreen I think I think I have notice them before, but it's not at every stage 3, depend on the road (I think I took right then left).

About slowdown, I didn't notice... To compile on PC (Linux), you should take the "Pandora" profile, it seems it is the most appropriate (according to another guy in the blog that compiled it for Linux).

I meant clouds at stage 3 right side !

All left roads, at end, the ending music is slow during name entry until the next screen.

It's also slow in other endings, but i don't remember exactly which ones.

I specify that when:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/ ../cmake

?

I meant clouds at stage 3 right side !

All left roads, at end, the ending music is slow during name entry until the next screen.

It's also slow in other endings, but i don't remember exactly which ones.

I specify that when:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/ ../cmake

?
yes and no. First, you have to modifify the CMakeFiles.txt inside cmake/ folder, you'll find a "default.cmake", change it with "pandora.cmake", and then, inside "build" subdir, you do ccmake ../cmake

in ccmake, make the adjustment you need (use "t" to go to advanced mode and alter more stuff),then "c" and "g", and you good to go "make"

Code:
$ make
[  2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp.o
In file included from /home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/sdl/video.hpp:4:0,
                 from /home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp:20:
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:33:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:34:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:35:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:36:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:38:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:39:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:40:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:41:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

Last edited by a moderator:
$ make
[ 2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp.o
In file included from /home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/sdl/video.hpp:4:0,
from /home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp:20:
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:33:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:34:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:35:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:36:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:38:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:39:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:40:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/home/me/cannonball-master/cmake/../src/main/stdint.hpp:41:24: erreur: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/home/me/cannonball-master/src/main/main.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cannonball.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
You need Boost. I suspect you don't have compiled Boost on you'r system. Latest version is 1.52, but 1.51 is enough. http://www.boost.org/

1.51 is the minimum for Cannonball. YOu have to upgrade, or hack the source to remove Boost dependancie... I suggest you upgrade, it's easier ;)

1.49 worked on Slack 14.0 when i compiled it natively on OP ;^).

Have to upgrade my main computer now...

Can anyone point me in the direction of a legal source for the ROM files?  I've looked online without success (partly because I'm at work with some internet filtering but I'm not having any luck).

There is no legal source for these roms, you're on your own, with google as your only friend.

As long as you don't buy the arcade board and find a way to dump it yourself.

Ah, I did wonder.  That's a pity but thanks for the bad news anyway!

I don't suppose the Game Gear cartridge has the right ROM files on it does it?  I have one of those but nothing to read it with (apart from an old Game Gear, so far...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the gamegear rom won't work as this is based on the arcadegame.

This new version is even better, I love the analog steering, great work!

Also this one runs fluid on my 600mhz (running at 800mhz).

Just tried and it's working very well !! Thanks ^_^

ptitSeb, maybe you should put at the first run an advise to tell where the rom goes and to overclock a bit... I know you can find some info in the repo or in the forum, but many people didn't read so much  ;)

Just tried and it's working very well !! Thanks ^_^

ptitSeb, maybe you should put at the first run an advise to tell where the rom goes and to overclock a bit... I know you can find some info in the repo or in the forum, but many people didn't read so much  ;)
You mean, open some Zenity Textbox with some text inside at first run ? Some sort of Quickhelp.

Yeah, sure... Hum, what text do I put inside ?

Back