Release Cannonball - The Enhanced C++ Outrun Engine

Yes, sure, lib/ in PND will be most of the time useless on Slackware.

And, just curious, can you just lauch the cannonball program from my PND, but without the lib/ folder, to see if it's a lib that cause the Segfault ?

It works without the libs.

If you have the will to find a trick to bypass them, Slack can be easily identified with the /etc/slackware-version file.

If not, just put the sources in the pnd ^^.

Oh, that look easy enough, I'll check for the existance of "/etc/slackware-version". If not present, I declare LD_LIBRARY_PATH as usual. If present, I skip this part... I'll make a test PND later and post it here.

No hurry, i have three CB pnds on my card ^^.

BTW, wouldn't it be better to identify Zaxxon instead ?

So any non-zaxxon distro should not have the bug.

New build on the repo, in synch with the PC version. Grab-it and try some Time Trial !!!

• Now with Time Trial Mode, a guenine new Play Mode for Outrun !
  • Fixed crash under slackware (hopefully)

The trick doesn't work :/

I recreated a test .pnd without the lib folder, and it works.

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SD32/pandora/menu/cannonball.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SD32/pandora/appdata/cannonball
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Found a loop (/dev/loop0), using it
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/cannonball"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD32/pandora/appdata/cannonball=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/cannonball=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/cannonball"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (runscript.sh ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/cannonball:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde3/lib/qt3/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/qt/bin:/usr/share/texmf/bin:.
./runscript.sh: line 127:  2249 Segmentation fault      ./cannonball
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/utmp/cannonball': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
losetup: /dev/loop0: detach failed: Device or resource busy
WARNING Found /dev/loop0 loop as unused. flushing
losetup: /dev/loop0: detach failed: Device or resource busy
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

BTW i previously mounted somewhere else, that's why it's not unmounting.

I double checked the runscript... It seems that even if I don't export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib/ folder, it by itself go fetch its libs in the "almost standard" lib/...

Hum, next release, I'll rename lib/ to libs/ , and hope it'll work (or I'll make a test PND later and post-it here, as it is a small one).

Awesome work ^^ Works perfectly on my 1.2 GHZ Pandora. Looking forward for analog steering and highres ;)

By the way, I've released only one week ago a live wallpaper for Android, inspired by these kind of racers (more like Super Hang-On, actually) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agyZTwlrXHw

Doesn't work on Pandora, as the Pandora Android don't support live wallpapers it seems...

I double checked the runscript... It seems that even if I don't export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib/ folder, it by itself go fetch its libs in the "almost standard" lib/...

Hum, next release, I'll rename lib/ to libs/ , and hope it'll work (or I'll make a test PND later and post-it here, as it is a small one).
Hello,

I just thought I'd say that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem is because of the pnd_run.sh script - it sets PATH to $MNTPOINT/bin and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $MNTPOINT/lib and XDG_DATA_DIRS to $MNTPOINT/share, so that's why the trick of using a directory that's not called 'lib' works.

New build on the repo !

Now with a New HiRes mode (be sure to fall back to 30fps, or you will get a choppy experience).

Also, the Beta/Test Track (1st level) is selectable. It's some kind of demo track that show everithing Outrun engine can do... More info on the cannonball site !

A screenshot in HiRes:  130121-230039.png

• New HiRes mode. Graphics are crisper. You should not enable both HiRes and 60fps, that's too much for the Pandora for now.
  • Proprer fix so it should run under Slackware

Grab-it while it's hot  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back