Release Cannonball - The Enhanced C++ Outrun Engine

http://ithic.com/10-50-thickbox/o.jpg

o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I uploaded v0.1.1.04 on the repo.

@Linux-SWAT: I can provide you a pnd with just "-O" optimization, do you think it will be enough?

I doubt that -O flags are the cause of the segfault.

Well if you have spare time to do so, ok ^^.

Wow just tested the new version on my CC, this is an awesome improvement, it's almost fullspeed !!!

One note, when pressing X or B, if i accidentally hit the other button, the speed drops to zero :/.

You can't. Currently, it's in the "config.xml". But for now it's in the PND, r/o I'm afraid.

I will hack the sources a bit to put it in another folder, and get a new package...

Hi,

Thanks p'titSeb for porting Cannonball to the Pandora :)

On which git branch are you working, master or develop ? There have been commits two days ago about "rendering code optimizations" in the develop branch, could it be useful ?

Bye, and keep up the good work !

Magic Sam

P.S: too many french people posting in this thread ;)

@magic_sam: i'm currently on the master branch, but will try the develop branch soon. Notes that some (all ?) of the optimizations are already in the current port of Cannonball. But I'll switch, the widescreen will be great on Pandora, I want to be ready when the author of Cannonball commit that...

Also, you should mail him about the repo link.

(and eventually ask him if he plans a super hang on port ;^) )

New update, same as build 04 but with configurable config.xml. Enjoy tweaking it (not much yet, but it will come)

(and I will mention him the link on the repo, sure)

• move config.xml to appdata/cannonball/home folder so it can be tweaked (with mousepad)
  • note that even if window mode is selected, Cannonball will run in fullscreen (and windows * 1 is the fastest setting)

Yes !

Plz, can you also add the Cannonball site link to your 1st post, plz ?

There is plenty of interesting reading on it.

You can provide a default config and copy it to the place, where te program expects it on first startup with cp -n .

This way you will have an editable file there.

I have done something similar, using this :

Code:
if [ ! -e home ]

then

mkdir home

#copy default config

cp config.xml home/

fi

And alter the main.cpp so it loads from "home/config.xml".. It shoud work.

Back