Can You Add New Hardware

marmaduke

hi i should be getting the Box/Board if not im making one but can i add any kind of hardware i want? if a make the drivers to work on the gp2x

thanks
even a harddrive and a mp3 player

Yes, you may add USB hardware. The drivers for USB storage devices (like hard drives), mouses, and keyboards are included in Linux, as well as support for other devices such as game controllers.

You can also access the stuff on your MP3 player, it is a USB storage device, too.

You could also access the stuff on another GP2X if you wanted too, USB Mass Storage Devices all use the same driver.

would a harddrive be seen as a USB Mass Storage Devices
or cd players thats what i want to do.

dose anyone have a psp here

liammcc9 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
great i wonder what it would it would do with a laptop on it

It only accepts slaves (Mice, Keyboard, Harddrives, most MP3 players, etc), a Laptop would be considered a host.

Last edited by a moderator:
ar ya hum i probaly have to do that dose it do anything to the laptop or anything eles i connect to it

i cant belive how many thing you can do with a gp2x amazing

but if it can do this then its the best console around.
emulate windows---connect a usb wi-fi to it-------put a program to hack into wep on it----then yahooo

Hmmm... here's a thought:

If you got the GP2X onto a network, and got X11 running on it, could you run a remote virtualized version of windows on the GP2X? i.e. Windows would be running on VMware/qemu/whatever on a full-size PC, but in a window displayed remotely on the GP2X.

Hmmm. . .

oneandoneis2 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 06:03 AM said:
Hmmm... here's a thought:

If you got the GP2X onto a network, and got X11 running on it, could you run a remote virtualized version of windows on the GP2X? i.e. Windows would be running on VMware/qemu/whatever on a full-size PC, but in a window displayed remotely on the GP2X.

Hmmm. . .

This would be easy (yet useless) if someone ported RealVNC.

Blah posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:07 PM said:
This would be easy (yet useless) if someone ported RealVNC.
I downloaded the source for (some version of) VNC, erm, yeah.... Anyone else want to have a go? :)
Just getting used to C++ and SDL, so porting that might be a little beyond me.

I do like the idea of VNCing into the 2x, would make debugging even easier :)

liammcc9 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:30 AM said:
so if i can remotely access my school computer through the gp2x then im a A* student

dont bring us down with your crappy ideas, stick to your own computer

Back