Gp2x As Audio Client

hal9000

Website
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would like to use my GP2X as audio client. I would like to play the mp3 that are in my Linux Box, thrgouh the USB network connexion.
Has anyone an experience with this? Is there a gp2x mp3 player which can be used as client for audio servers?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found something: ommpc, but I am still interested in your comments

hal9000 said:
Hi everyone,

I would like to use my GP2X as audio client. I would like to play the mp3 that are in my Linux Box, thrgouh the USB network connexion.
Has anyone an experience with this? Is there a gp2x mp3 player which can be used as client for audio servers?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found something: ommpc, but I am still interested in your comments

could you share out the folder holding the mp3's and mount the share on your gp2x and then play them on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes thats possible, i do it all the time for developping :) i mount a windows share in /mnt/ext/ u need the samba client it's somewhere in the archive

joyrider said:
yes thats possible, i do it all the time for developping :) i mount a windows share in /mnt/ext/ u need the samba client it's somewhere in the archive
sorry i miswrote what i meant. I meant if it would work in his situation, I know its technically possible. But is it possible for hal9000 to share them out, or for example does he only want to stream them from a server.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have played music on the gp2x using the HD of a PC,
I used the .. mad player(?) that is on the nand.
Anyway, u may be able to create an script and maybe read playlists with it?

Cheers.

Thanks for your answer. A shared folder is an option, mounting scripts should not be a problem.

Ommpc looks like a nice option, too (the point is not the same: the sound comes out of the PC). But it does not work on my GP2X :-( It crashes on start. I should contact the author.

Back