Can Someone Do This?

XerXerz

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Can someone put all of the features that are on Stepmania http://www.stepmania.com/ onto Beat 2x or any other rhythm game simulator?

Things that I need on it:

.SM/.DWI support
Song Graphics/Sound support
Video Support
Double Step Support
Hold Support
Lyrics Support
Theme Support
Character Support
Different Languages Support
Saved Scores with Grades E-SSS similar to Stepmania
Extra Features in Options (Mines, Change Speed, etc)
Any other things I have forgotten

Things not really needed:
Dancepad

(I am asking this because not seen that creator of the game, he must not be updating it anymore)

Can someone add all of this to Beat2x/other Rhythm game simulator?

.SM/.DWI support: some people on the spanish GP2x comunity (misato & ?) has said that they are working on Beat2x support but a long time ago :( but step2x support it

Double Step Support: this will not be usefull for GP2x pad game but usefull to use GP2x with dancepad

Theme Support: you can change the background, arrow on beat2x

Character Support: too heavy for the GP2x capacity

Yes unfortunately I've not heard from Miq since the problem with USB dance mats was displayed. Last I knew he and Misato and others were looking into DWI support and trying to fix the problem so that two directions could be press at one time. That was a long while ago though.

How hard would this be to do? since ive been playing PSPRevolution alot lately and that pretty much has all that is listed above, i dont see how hard it would be to incorperate it to Beat2x (but im not a coder so im probably wrong)

Beat2X was actually an "original" program in the first place and maybe we are being unfair by wanting it to become StepMania. It may be more realistic for someone to port StepMania or indeed PSPRevolution (seeing as it's become cool to port PSP stuff these days ;))

Auritribe posted on Mar 23 2007 at 06:28 PM said:
Now, a decent Beatmania sim, with keynotes and everything else, that wouldn't be too bad.

Oh my god. A Beatmania sim for GP2X would be the end all, be all killer GP2X app for me. Has anyone seen what the PSP's DJ Max game is like? I would love something like that. If only I could code...

Heh, 4 year DDR Veteran myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
xenonflash posted on Mar 24 2007 at 02:03 AM said:
Auritribe posted on Mar 23 2007 at 06:28 PM said:
Now, a decent Beatmania sim, with keynotes and everything else, that wouldn't be too bad.

Oh my god. A Beatmania sim for GP2X would be the end all, be all killer GP2X app for me. Has anyone seen what the PSP's DJ Max game is like? I would love something like that. If only I could code...

Heh, 4 year DDR Veteran myself.

To be completely honest, a real killer app would be a music sim that made creative use of a very bland control scheme.

The thing that makes games like, say , pop'n is the fact that the controllers are unique. I love me some pop'n but both pop'n and bm have very flat layouts on the controllers, while a traditional controller has shoulder buttons, directionals, and regular buttons.

Making something original that made use of the controllers in the way that say, elite beat agents does on the DS, that would be key.

Of course, as soon as this app would be developed for the 2x it would get ported over to everything else on the planet and ruin the purpose of it being a killer app.

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back