Can Gp2x Overclock?

I think it will, but the whole dual core thing could generate alot of heat.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 22 2005 at 06:47 AM said:
If the dual processor works out as well as some people would like, it probably wont be neccesary to oveclock.

No but people will always try :) The same way people are already wishing for what they want in the GP3x ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to break it to you, but the sole purpose of the 2nd processor is to stop user from being able to overclock - Gamepark are very worried about the machines exploding under the strain

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 22 2005 at 10:57 AM said:
what speed can it reach now?

sorry for the n00bish post but im not quite yet a gp2x expert :)

Read the FAQ.

Well I do wonder if overclocking one of the cores might produce some incompatibility issues with the other, and the mem. I quess the mem was faster, too...

timeslip posted on Sep 22 2005 at 10:53 AM said:
sorry to break it to you, but the sole purpose of the 2nd processor is to stop user from being able to overclock - Gamepark are very worried about the machines exploding under the strain

Very funny. But totally false.

In fact there are 250Mhz versions of the same chips, so it's very likely the GP2X will be OC'able to some degree. In time we'll know.

Prophet posted on Sep 22 2005 at 04:13 AM said:
timeslip posted on Sep 22 2005 at 10:53 AM said:

Very funny. But totally false.

In fact there are 250Mhz versions of the same chips, so it's very likely the GP2X will be OC'able to some degree. In time we'll know.

seems sexy then maybe this thing will be more usefull :p Then jsut having it for a fullspeed snes and the rest all the same. (the ones i want anyway)
'wink wink'

timeslip posted on Sep 22 2005 at 08:53 PM said:
Computers exploding only happens in the movies. In real-life, when CPUs are over-clocked too much they just freeze.

slygamer posted on Sep 22 2005 at 03:30 PM said:
timeslip posted on Sep 22 2005 at 08:53 PM said:
Computers exploding only happens in the movies. In real-life, when CPUs are over-clocked too much they just freeze.

ya man get with the times. Thats what they said bout the gp32 lol. and it went beyond that.

slygamer posted on Sep 23 2005 at 12:30 AM said:

Try telling that to the burned out AMD that was overclocked without a heatsink. There's a nice hole in the top of the chip, and the core temperature measured with a laster thermometer was around 700c :eek: It made quite a lot of smoke as well...

Put that in a plastic case, and exploding is a realistic situation.

And it was actually still functioning at similarly high temperatures, or the machine was just left on well after the core had frozen and temps were mounting?

If it was still running, I'd be darn impressed... although a little concerned as to whether I'd realise my own chip was likely to destroy itself if the heatsink e.g. fell off, unlikely though that is lol.

Tobriand posted on Sep 23 2005 at 11:07 AM said:
And it was actually still functioning at similarly high temperatures, or the machine was just left on well after the core had frozen and temps were mounting?

If it was still running, I'd be darn impressed... although a little concerned as to whether I'd realise my own chip was likely to destroy itself if the heatsink e.g. fell off, unlikely though that is lol.

The GP2X is actually an korien inflitration device to finish off us western infidels...............overclock at your peril!

Thankfully the GPx2 will never make it here, since we have Whirlpool washing machines! Mwahahahaha! <ahem>

Oh, you meant the console they renamed to avoid confusion? Ah, I get it lol :p

Still, can you imagine overclocking a washing machine... could be amusing :)

Tobriand posted on Sep 23 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
Thankfully the GPx2 will never make it here, since we have Whirlpool washing machines! Mwahahahaha! <ahem>

Oh, you meant the console they renamed to avoid confusion? Ah, I get it lol :p

Still, can you imagine overclocking a washing machine... could be amusing :)

My washing machine does a good job at emulating a disherwasher.......

Back