Max Overclock

MK2, I run mine at 266 but I have had it running at 270. I haven't tried it any higher than that. Batteries become an issue at that point. I really don't need it running any higher. :)

Battery Test

EDIT: LOL, ignore me.. that's what I get for trying to function at 4 in the morning :p fatdad, just fire up an emulator that lets you select clock speed and keep going up in small increments until your GP2x gets unstable/crashes.

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Dec 28 2006 at 11:27 PM said:
EDIT: LOL, ignore me.. that's what I get for trying to function at 4 in the morning :p fatdad, just fire up an emulator that lets you select clock speed and keep going up in small increments until your GP2x gets unstable/crashes.
Yes, and run the GP2X for about 10 minutes at each clockspeed to make sure it's stable.

subcon959 posted on Dec 29 2006 at 04:27 AM said:
Battery Test

actually better to work downwards starting at 300 or maybe 280. I mean, algorithmically, you'd finish sooner.

I've gotten up 285Mhz in Squidgenes without crashing, I haven't tried anything higher but its possible it might go up higher.

I'll go ahead and test it whenever I have my GP2X with me.

useing the battery test programe , my results or

mk2 gp2x 1 year old

265mhz 41.34 minutes before it frooze

266mhz frooze after 14 .32 minutes....

im using uniross 2500 rechargeable batteries

any higher and the test screen freezes at start... :blink:

edit to add second test results

fatdad posted on Dec 31 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
mk2 gp2x 1 year old

The mk2 wasn't around a year ago was it?

Shikaku posted on Dec 31 2006 at 02:54 PM said:
imhotep posted on Dec 30 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
fatdad posted on Dec 31 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
mk2 gp2x 1 year old

The mk2 wasn't around a year ago was it?

The MK2 came out in like June...

how come then i got mine last january ,it dose't have first editon wrote on it ,has the white cirles covering the power\battery lights etc? :rolleyes:

That's a second edition MK1. I had one until I had to return it.

Quick check, to see which version you have: MK2s have Korean text on the left of the back sticker. Also, the model is marked GPX-GP2X-F100(B).

nickspoon posted on Dec 31 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
That's a second edition MK1. I had one until I had to return it.

Quick check, to see which version you have: MK2s have Korean text on the left of the back sticker. Also, the model is marked GPX-GP2X-F100(B).

the wife got it for my birthdat -9 feb,she got in january,

model no:gp2x-f1oo
battery:(aa)1.5vX2
adapter input:3.3v 1a

gamepark holdings co.,ltd
made in korea
ce f cc mic with 2 swirls around mic

thats all it says on the back

Back