Caanoo - A Fail Console?

crow_riot said:
u9i said:
Do you have any idea for a good analogue stick game?

something "simple" like http://minigore.blogspot.com/ ? :)

Minigore is a hoot, I'd love it if they'd make a Caanoo port :/

Last edited by a moderator:
superhyper said:
Mine actually did that right out of the box, but seemed to resolve itself after a few hours of use. If it's consistently doing it to you it sounds like it may need to be reseated :/

Its strange, most software EXCEPT GPH's OS have appropriate deadzones.
On my thumb stick (and this Caanoo is quite new actually) If I just press down and let go, it sticks there enough to register a down command in the OS.

Horrendously annoying.

Would it be possible to re-seat the thumbstick myself?

traylorpark said:
superhyper said:
Mine actually did that right out of the box, but seemed to resolve itself after a few hours of use. If it's consistently doing it to you it sounds like it may need to be reseated :/

Its strange, most software EXCEPT GPH's OS have appropriate deadzones.
On my thumb stick (and this Caanoo is quite new actually) If I just press down and let go, it sticks there enough to register a down command in the OS.

Horrendously annoying.

Would it be possible to re-seat the thumbstick myself?

Ask GPH AS center. Maybe you need to return it.

If i didn't touch my stick for a few seconds, it would start moving left. Now though, it seems like the problem disappeared. But my problem is not connected to the physical stick though.

I don't think that the Wiz and Caanoo are failures. I'm sure this has been contested thousands of times before, but here goes one last time. I don't know about Pandora, as I don't have one, but here's my understanding.

Caanoo

$134.50 (right now)
Get your console in a matter of days.
Emulates everything from NES to GBA efficiently, and can do PS1 pretty well.

Pandora

$330 (I think)
Get your console in a matter of months.
Emulates everything from NES to PS1 efficiently, and can do N64 (well?)

Soo, if you want to get a Pandora, more Pan-power to ya (LOL). Really, the Pandora's a 'better' console in terms of power, but since the time and price are so distanced, you can't compare them. It's like comparing a DS to a PS3 - sure, the PS3's got more power, but the DS is way cheaper. In addition, you might be a Phoenix Wright head and so don't even want a PS3 at all. So, which one is 'better'? It depends on what you want.

SolarLune said:
Pandora

$330 (I think)

$500 now.

Get your console in a matter of months.

7 Days.

Emulates everything from NES to PS1 efficiently, and can do N64 (well?)

N64 is pretty much perfect. We're waiting for the next round of fixes to be made public.

D.

I have both Caanoo and Pandora. Both great, both different. Plenty of new and exciting releases for both.

However, the continued lack of TV-out for Pandora is a major reason why I use my Caanoo at least as much as my Pandora.

SONY said:
Compared to Pandora...Wiz and Caanoo are complete failures...imho. :pandora2ut4:

Depends what you base that opinion on?
# of units sold, build quality, price, availability, hardware defect rate?

ouch!

coldfis said:
SONY said:
Compared to Pandora...Wiz and Caanoo are complete failures...imho. :pandora2ut4:

ouch!

Don't feed the trolls. SONY has posted this very statement in every thread in the Caanoo section. It has practically gone by completely ignored thankfully.

Btw, good post hehe

I have pretty much every major open-source console available. My Caanoo and Pandora are the only ones I currently use and I actually use my Caanoo more, mainly due to the higher refresh screen. I'm extremely happy with the Caanoo overall. There are tons of fantastic emulators and games available. At the moment, I have 19 emulators on mine which I consider to run near perfect. How anyone can consider that a failure is beyond me.

u9i said:
coldfis said:

ouch!

Don't feed the trolls. SONY has posted this very statement in every thread in the Caanoo section. It has practically gone by completely ignored thankfully.

Btw, good post hehe

I know the sign says "no feeding" but he looks so pathetic there in his cage.
/me retracts cranium. ;)

Dunny said:
N64 is pretty much perfect. We're waiting for the next round of fixes to be made public.

D.

Here is a video of somebody playing Zelda Ocarina of Time on an actual version of mupen64 onthe Pandora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6FGQaD9CZM

Unless they optimized the emulator in a unbelievable way since this video was made, I wouldn't call this "pretty much perfect", but way to slow, this is a little bit faster, then the PSP N64 emulator, but nothing more.

CKeichel said:
Dunny said:

D.

Here is a video of somebody playing Zelda Ocarina of Time on an actual version of mupen64 onthe Pandora

Unless they optimized the emulator in a unbelievable way since this video was made, I wouldn't call this "pretty much perfect", but way to slow, this is a little bit faster, then the PSP N64 emulator, but nothing more.

Well, OK - maybe not perfect :)

I've not played LOZ:OOT because it's basically crap - my tastes run to other games on the 64, all of which run just fine here at 1050mhz :)

D.

Dunny said:
CKeichel said:
Dunny said:

D.

Well, OK - maybe not perfect :)

I've not played LOZ:OOT because it's basically crap - my tastes run to other games on the 64, all of which run just fine here at 1050mhz :)

D.
Ocarina of time is basically crap?
If it´s not one of the best games ever, it´s at least one of best for N64.
Which planet are you coming from?
Oh, sorry i saw your known troll entry too late

Akabei said:
Ocarina of time is basically crap?

Yes, I did not enjoy it in the slightest - I thought it was a very poor game. Am I not allowed to disagree with your opinion? For the record, it was better than Majora's Mask, which I switched off and never played again after barely an hour.

If it´s not one of the best games ever, it´s at least one of best for N64.
Which planet are you coming from?

A planet where gameplay is more important than graphics? Where decent control mechanisms actually matter? Where not too long ago games didn't have to rely on a particular "universe" (such as that of Zelda) to be good? That said, I did love Mario64 after the abysmal Mario/Yoshi games that came before it.

D.

Dunny said:
[...]

D.

You can overclock to 1050Mhz? That is almost double speed :eek:

u9i said:
Dunny said:
[...]

D.

You can overclock to 1050Mhz? That is almost double speed :eek:

Well, it depends. In PSX-ReARMed, I can get to about 975Mhz before it starts crashing due to NEON usage. As Mupen doesn't appear to use NEON, I can go much, much higher and things only really start getting unstable about 1100Mhz. This is at default OP, btw.

D.

Back