Ordered Another Caanoo

kayuz said:
ops, i don't have the july console, i have a september 2010 console :( precisely the 2010.09.14
In october there was already 12000th marked caanoo =D

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the 9350 mark on the info; but explain, in october 2011 there are 12000 units marked or in october 2010?
thx for the info quasist

kayuz said:
i have the 9350 mark on the info; but explain, in october 2011 there are 12000 units marked or in october 2010?
thx for the info quasist
My unit is from 2010.09.16 and is in the #11400 range.

I got my Caanoo from a seller on eBay named "bestbuy_from_bestseller". Only cost me $105 and somehow got to me (Ohio) from Korea in *eight* days.

No association with the person, just a satisfied customer. :)

Where can i get information when my caanoo was builed/flashed. Also I had a caanoo which I had to send back (broken sd slot) and the shoulder buttons was horrible. But When my reseller sended me a new console shoulder buttons are awesome. It is worth upgading from 1.5 FW to 1.6.1?

EDIT:
I got it :p Whats difference between V400 and V500?

Mine's a white model, bought from ED's shop on 1st September, 2010.

2010.08.10 - GP2XV400 - 00002186

I'm tempted to pick up a black model while I still can :)

Both my white and black models are 400's..

Of note, the serial on my black one is younger than my white model, but the manufacture date on the black one is later.

That........doesn't make much sense.

someoneElse said:
Was annoying to then read in the PDF manual on the disc that all warranties are invalidated if 'The product number has been rendered illegible.'

Holy crap, are you serious?? My serial number was gone in a few days it seems like. Either they did that intentionally to save costs by not honoring warranty claims (because these things do break and frequently) or whoever was in charge of that aspect of production/design is a complete idiot. Absolutely damn senseless.

darklight1138 said:
someoneElse said:
Was annoying to then read in the PDF manual on the disc that all warranties are invalidated if 'The product number has been rendered illegible.'

Holy crap, are you serious?? My serial number was gone in a few days it seems like. Either they did that intentionally to save costs by not honoring warranty claims (because these things do break and frequently) or whoever was in charge of that aspect of production/design is a complete idiot. Absolutely damn senseless.

The fact that they specifically mention the product number being "rendered illegible" seems like evidence, to me, that it was done intentionally.

Promised Planet said:
darklight1138 said:
someoneElse said:

The fact that they specifically mention the product number being "rendered illegible" seems like evidence, to me, that it was done intentionally.

If you get the official "jelly" case you will have no worries as it completely protects the serial number. If it is already rubbed off on the other hand, well, you are SOL unfortunately. Note for future buyers: Buy the jelly case along with the Caanoo and put it on as soon as you take it out of the box!

I understand but you shouldn't have to buy something in addition to insure you have warranty coverage on a pricey piece of electronics that, due to it's portability, will see some wear. It actually makes no sense anyway for it to void you warranty if you can prove you bought the thing within a certain time frame. It's funny because the way I hold my Caanoo I don't even touch that part of the device.

darklight1138 said:
I understand but you shouldn't have to buy something in addition to insure you have warranty coverage on a pricey piece of electronics that, due to it's portability, will see some wear. It actually makes no sense anyway for it to void you warranty if you can prove you bought the thing within a certain time frame. It's funny because the way I hold my Caanoo I don't even touch that part of the device.

Oh I agree. I personally think for a company that does not produce even a fraction of a percent as many handhelds as someone like Nintendo, they should not even have a serial number at all. Just a production number hardcoded in the rom would suffice. I mean, is there any question that it is a GPH device when they receive it for repair? I know not of any bootleg Caanoo's out there ;)

Agreed. Good point about the bootleg Caanoos. Meant to mention that.

In the device information on the settings menu there is a serial number. I don't know if that's for the software or not though. Wonder if there's a serial number on the box.

darklight1138 said:
Wonder if there's a serial number on the box.

Yeah, the serial number is reprinted on the back of the box. Shame it's not the same label/print/font or it could've been transplanted to the unit itself as a replacement.

Back