Ordered Another Caanoo

lnx64

Since it looks like GPH is going to be going out of business, I decided to order another Caanoo, this time a black model from ThinkGeek.

I chose this over a Wiz as the Caanoo has awesome audio output capabilities.

I live in Korea and at the moment a Caanoo can be bought for a dirt cheap price here. I'm seriously considering buying a back-up.

me too, one for support GPH, second beacouse in europe is cheap (100euros) and beacouse i want ot donate mine to a develepper :)

! 67 euro! where it can be buy from Korea? :blink:
if it cost so low, i can buy 2!

So, how do I keep the serial number on the console refrain from wiping off? I want the new one to have a serial number that does not wipe off, or at least, prevent it from occurring.

I wish I'd had the foresight to protect the serial number on mine right away. Bloody print rubbed off entirely in the first two days, without sweaty palms or even intentionally touching it. Was annoying to then read in the PDF manual on the disc that all warranties are invalidated if 'The product number has been rendered illegible.'

It arrived.

It's, different than my white Caanoo. the LCD panel used is different, and the power LED works differently too. On the white, when charging, the blue and red LED are both on all the time until it's done charging. On the black one, the blue LED flashes.

Hmm, that's really different than I'm used to seeing.

The screen seems grainy on the black one due to a different touch screen film being used (I actually like the grainy appearance, call me crazy!). And the buttons, get this, do NOT squeak! On the white one, the home button squeaks like crazy.

I'm surprised at how different they work.

ruffnutts said:
@Inx64 I have the black one and when charging the LED is both colours
Hmm, well mine started showing both LEDs now when charging. Perhaps it was because the battery was 0%, maybe that's why it flashed..

The LCD is different though. Has the same "brighter at the bottom" issue my white Caanoo has, but it otherwise seems like a completely different panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
lnx64 said:
It arrived.

It's, different than my white Caanoo. the LCD panel used is different, and the power LED works differently too. On the white, when charging, the blue and red LED are both on all the time until it's done charging. On the black one, the blue LED flashes.

I received my white Caanoo yesterday. The LED is:

- red when charging with the unit off
- purple (red + blue?) when charging and the unit is on
- blue when the unit is on and it has a good charge
- flashing blue when the unit is on and the battery level is low

There is some caanoo versions that are not GP2X400, but GP2X500 (althrough they are was the first)

yes, quasist, for example i have gp2xv400 and it was built in july of 2010... very the first batch :D

kayuz said:
yes, quasist, for example i have gp2xv400 and it was built in july of 2010... very the first batch :D
I know a guy who got one of the first 200 caanoos (july too) and it is marked GP2XV500

ops, i don't have the july console, i have a september 2010 console :( precisely the 2010.09.14

Back