C64/lunar Lander/thrust

parodius

Still Fresh
Hi guys

I love the lunar lander type games.

Recently discovered Thrust for the c64 which id like to play. Ive tried it on frodo and vice. But for both games im unable to turn right only allows anti clockwise rotation of the ship. Wondered if you guys know how to fix this?. My gp2x works fine with moving right in other games.

Also if you recommend any other lunar lander type games other than the mame one.

Thanks

london said:
Hi guys

I love the lunar lander type games.

Recently discovered Thrust for the c64 which id like to play. Ive tried it on frodo and vice. But for both games im unable to turn right only allows anti clockwise rotation of the ship. Wondered if you guys know how to fix this?. My gp2x works fine with moving right in other games.

Also if you recommend any other lunar lander type games other than the mame one.

Thanks
Have you tried changing Joystick Ports in the emulator menu

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrust doesn't appear to work correctly in Frodo2X - I suspect that it was actually a keyboard only game and neither Joypad works properly.

There doesn't appear to be a way to alter/map the controls to a joystick. :(

You could try the CPC version with Caprice - it's just as good, looks nicer and allows you to alter the keys.

iprice said:
Thrust doesn't appear to work correctly in Frodo2X - I suspect that it was actually a keyboard only game and neither Joypad works properly.

There doesn't appear to be a way to alter/map the controls to a joystick. :(

You could try the CPC version with Caprice - it's just as good, looks nicer and allows you to alter the keys.
Ok will try that excellent thanks!. I since discovered Gravity Force on the homebrew side which is pretty darn good to.

iprice said:
Wrong you did use the joystick for it. god that was a fun game after you got board of pong, might just have to break out the c64 again :lol:

If its a game that uses keyboard then you can use a text editor to make your own button layouts with Frodo.

Though I would try it in Port 1

ledro said:
Have you tried Sub-Terrania for the sega genesis?
Have now!! Thanks for the heads up cannot believe i not played this one before its great.

Is made by an interesting group too Zyrinx. Amiga fanboys that didnt even have a sega development kit.
Read more here http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/zyrinx/zyrinx.htm

When i get the chance ill try remapping the frodo keys to get thrust working as well.

Thanks Everyone

Back