Map Keys To Gp2x's Stick In Frodo (c64)?

blakespot

Still Fresh
I want to play Thrust for the C64 thru Frodo for the GP2X. It's a keyboard-controlled game. Is there a way to map "A" to stick-left and "S" to stick-right and a few other keys to the fire buttons in Frodo (C64 emulator)?

Tnx.

blakespot

Well I've never actually tried it myself, but I know that Frodo comes with a file called frodogp2x.key which contains all the info about keymapping and includes comments on how to edit it so I guess the answer is Yes.

Lobo said:
Well I've never actually tried it myself, but I know that Frodo comes with a file called frodogp2x.key which contains all the info about keymapping and includes comments on how to edit it so I guess the answer is Yes.
Cool. I guess I'd have to manually swap in/out or rename the file on the filesystem level prior to running Frodo depending on whether I'm playing that one game or all the rest. Hm.

blakespot

Last edited by a moderator:
No you wouldn't. IIRC the keymap file allows for a few alternate configs inside the same file.
You can just toggle the alternate keymapping from inside Frodo(it's a menu item): you can choose your own custom one when you're going to play the game in question.

You should check out the keymaping file I mentioned: all the info is there.

Back